Need Help! Looking for assistance/documentation/code samples for FANUC FOCAS 2 Programming Lib

Thread: Looking for assistance/documentation/code samples for FANUC FOCAS 2 Programming Lib

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for assistance/documentation/code samples for FANUC FOCAS 2 Programming Lib

Hello all,

I'm a software developer working for a CNC machine shop. Recently we decided to start looking into a certain level of machine automation and metric gathering in terms of job scheduling, machine usage, and a few other things. I recently acquired the CNC developers kit from FANUC as the understanding I was given was that the libraries could be imported and leveraged in C#. Contained in the disk I received from FANUC was the libraries as well as numerous other applications/software and some documentation. Unfortunately the english documentation appears to have been run through a japanese to english translator and are difficult to read and understand due to numerous grammatical errors and poor translation.

I was hoping somebody here has experience working with this library and could possibly either point me in a direction for good useful documentation or provide a code/class sample used to access the FOCAS 2 Libs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I've contacted FANUC but unfortunately they have not gotten back to me and are closed today so I'm rolling the dice with the all mighty internet.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for assistance/documentation/code samples for FANUC FOCAS 2 Programming L

Quote Originally Posted by FancyMammoth View Post
    Hello all,

I'm a software developer working for a CNC machine shop. Recently we decided to start looking into a certain level of machine automation and metric gathering in terms of job scheduling, machine usage, and a few other things. I recently acquired the CNC developers kit from FANUC as the understanding I was given was that the libraries could be imported and leveraged in C#. Contained in the disk I received from FANUC was the libraries as well as numerous other applications/software and some documentation. Unfortunately the english documentation appears to have been run through a japanese to english translator and are difficult to read and understand due to numerous grammatical errors and poor translation.

I was hoping somebody here has experience working with this library and could possibly either point me in a direction for good useful documentation or provide a code/class sample used to access the FOCAS 2 Libs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I've contacted FANUC but unfortunately they have not gotten back to me and are closed today so I'm rolling the dice with the all mighty internet.
    Hi,
    although the following example is in C++ you should get an idea how communication is initialized and functions from the library are called:
    https://www.inventcom.net/support/fa...-states#SOURCE

Martin