Need Help! Changing the HDD M198 Directory In Cycle.

Thread: Changing the HDD M198 Directory In Cycle.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Changing the HDD M198 Directory In Cycle.

Hey.

We've recently purchased a Makino A66e with an 8 pallet changer running a Fanuc Professional 3 control.

Our workshop protocol for running jobs, is to assign each tool it's own individual subprogram. This is something that we have done with ease on both Fanuc and Heidenhain machines for years. Where things start getting a bit prickly is when you're running a pallet changer and multiple jobs.

Hypothetically speaking, we could be running at least 8 different jobs at a time and with this in mind I need to be able to command the machine (in cycle) to change the HDD directory where it locates it's M198 files (i.e. the subprograms). Put simply, when the machine picks up pallet 1, it knows to find all the M198 subprograms in directory 1, pallet 2 - directory 2, pallet 3 - directory 3 etc. etc.

I'm aware of other solutions such as locating every subprogram for 8 different jobs in one HDD subfolder and running them from there, but that's not the way we'd prefer to tackle this.

This is something that we can do on a Heidenhain control very easily, so I'm optimistic there must be a Fanuc solution that I'm just ignorant of at this stage? I can't believe that the only way to alter the M198 folder is to manually key it in by hand.

Help!