Adding full 4th to Fanuc OMD-which series amps and drives are compatable?

Thread: Adding full 4th to Fanuc OMD-which series amps and drives are compatable?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Adding full 4th to Fanuc OMD-which series amps and drives are compatable?

I posted this in the servo and drives forum becuase I did not know a Fanuc spec forum existed.

I found a Tsudakoma RN150 rotary with no motor. My goal is a full 4th. Machine runs alpha A06b-6079 drives. I read I can integrate Beta drives and motors; and I can run a Beta motor with an Alpha drive. I mill is a Yang SMV1000 and a 4th was a possible option. MY ladder has the 4th lock and unlock logic already. I axis card is a 3/4 axis. Does that mean I am good there? My 900 parameter are set for 4th axis simultaneous interpolation. Although the "addition axis" 900 param is set to 0. My handle has a 4th selection.

So will a C series amp run along side alphas? How different are they? I wish there was more literature about Fanuc iterations and models. When I get my plan together I want to right a start to finish detailed account to how I got this up a going. This is my personal machine so buying new may not be affordable. I once saw an ebook about the "ins" and "outs" of Fanuc but did not buy and now I cannot find the link.

Thank you very much,
    Steve

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Adding full 4th to Fanuc OMD-which series amps and drives are compatable?

Doing some more searching I found this manual https://jamet.com/Fanuc_Web_Manuals/...acy/65002e.pdf is seems that before alpha and beta motors and drives there where the digital ac servos. They include the S, L, T, F, C series. Where they can be integrated with Alpha dirves I dont know. These legacy motors and drives are cheaper on ebay but might be more trouble than it is worth.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Adding full 4th to Fanuc OMD-which series amps and drives are compatable?

You are far better to stick with what the other drives and motors on the machine are. So if X,Y, Z are alpha motor then stick to those flavors for the 4th. The servo software in the machine was designed to handle the types of servos that the machine tool builder put on the machine. If you try something else and do get it to work, when some doesn't seem right you will always question that you should have stayed with what the machines already has. You must pic a motor first. You also have I/O to contend with, like clamping and un-clamping. The machine was built for a particular 4th axis setup. Yours may or may not be the same. Once you find the motor I can tell you which AMP will work with that motor. Or you can call Fanuc and ask them. Sounds like a fun project

Downloads
    Uploads

you have something on 8400 parameters for 4th axis?