Need Help! FANUC 6M PROBLEM

Thread: FANUC 6M PROBLEM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default FANUC 6M PROBLEM

Have a 1985 model Fanuc Robodrill 6MB system with problems.
    Used to run fine but now runs for a while then CRT and controls won't come on when the machine starts.
    A BMU delete and reinstall parameters does the job until the problem emerges again at start up (randomly).

Just replaced the motherboard A16B-1000-0030/04C with another board A16B-1000-0030/06C.
    Works almost perfectly. Have added the first 40 parameters as well as 311, 340,341.
    PC parameters set.
    Punch code, input device 1 and input device 2 set to 1.
    Normally able to send parameters through RS232 at this stage but can't get rid of the "NOT READY" when P-9999 READ or PUNCH.

The just fitted 06C board fires up every time but just can't establish RS232.
    Is the 06C board not a compatible replacement for the 04C? Maybe a different parameter needs to be set to enable comms on the 06C board?
    Could enter the parameters all manually but still wouldn't have RS232 so programming would be fully manual.

Been on this for days so any help greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FANUC 6M PROBLEM

Make sure to type in parameters 300-304. These are option parameters.

Downloads
    Uploads

Silly question but have you change the back up batteries? As it keeps happening

Last edited by mbservice; 01-20-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

For read/punch operation in NOT READY state need to press the EMERGECY button.

Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure the PWE switch is in the right position too.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the previous advice.
    Machine has BMU no battery. Definitely not parameter or BMU switches. Machine is running OEM factory issued parameters same as it always has. We manual enter the initial parameters to get comms and RS232 the rest in so no problem there.
    Managed to get the RS232 working. Just seemed to fix itself.
    Had machine up and running like normal then the spindle started to run badly.
    Ran from 0-400 rpm hunting down to zero about once per second.
    Checked all spindle drive signals with CRO and all good including speed sensor.
    Tripped LED alarm 2 on the spindle drive when speed commanded over 400.
    Turned power off to check but when powering on now the CRT will only show SERVO READY and the motherboard has LED 0 error which is RAM6 fault.
    Has no functions and cannot go into BMU mode.
    Replaced motherboard and BMU but still the same. Also fitted Tulip memory but no change.
    Repowered about 20 times but no change just LED 0 fault and SERVO READY on the CRT.
    Any help appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

LED0(far right LED) on is Slave Ready Off. Check your connections on the main board, IO, and to the CRT. I/O PCB could be bad, or CRT going bad.

Downloads
    Uploads

The MASTER/SLAVE selection is a jumper on the bottom left side of the motherboard?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the maintenance manual Fanuc 6M Model B-54045E01. Found a troubleshooting flowchart on page 35 that shows the exact screen I have with SLAVE READY at the top (I mistakenly wrote SERVO READY previously). STLMachinist I think you have the fault described. The manual flowchart says to check connections to and the connection board which I think you are calling the I/O PCB. FANUC has the wiring and connectors positioned so that they move against the door every time it is opened. I seem to have problems whenever the door is opened. I can find any bad connections or wires so will try another I/O board. Is this the board with many low profile black relays on it?

Downloads
    Uploads

" Is this the board with many low profile black relays on it?" yes.