Fanuc OT problem

Thread: Fanuc OT problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc OT problem

I am repairing Kirloskar internal grinding machine with Fanuc OT control. Factory in which i am working got this machine about 5 years ago, but noone has worked on it because one axes was not moving. I repared axes about week ago. Now machine returns to zero position, works in JOG and MPG modes, both spindles ir turning. But problem is that i cant make it work in MDI mode. This is first time i am working with Fanuc controls, maybe i just dont now how exactly to work with machine? Example: i turn on the machine, retun axes to zero position, swich to MDI mode. I press M43, then INPUT and then CYCLE START. CYCLE START led blinks, but nothing happens. Documentation says that in this moment grinder work spindle must turn in low speed. There may be problems with parameters too. Maybe someone had similar problems?

About machine:
    Kirloskar S-CNC internal grinder MK-IG-1250
    Fanuc OTE control.

It is important to repair this machine as fast as i can but about this problem now i have no ideas...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

On a grinder do you need to enter an S value and M3 or M4?
    The fact the cycle start light up momentarily shows that the commmand completes and does not hang up.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you view the ladder or status bits and check G4.3? That should be the Finish signal. If you can check this on the ladder just follow that and see why its not getting the finish signal.
    Do you need to command a speed with the M43?
    During this 5 years of sitting did the machine lose parameters?

Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Al - no work spindle does not need S parameter. I think. Commands for work spindle - M43 - work spindle low speed, M44 - work spindle high speed, M45 - work spindle off. And for wheel spindle there is only two commands - M80 and M81. On and Off. There is no frequency regulators for any motor, it can anly be on or off. Strange is that there is nothing about M3 command in documentation. But i have not tried to execute it, ill try.

Bob, you mean 4.3 in parameter window? Of course i'll check it. I have a PLC sowfware book too. Yes, parameters was lost, but in documentation they are written. Is they are parameters for exactly my machine its another question.ft

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, bob, i found M FINISH signal in PLC software book and all logic that is about M43 command execution. In monday i'll check out the signals.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is odd the M code completes, as normally an instruction like this has to wait for the spindle to indicate up-to-speed or running, if this does not occur, then the FIN signal is never seen and it hangs.
    I think Bob is refering to the G4.3 (FIN signal) this is not a G code instrucion but a G register number/bit that can be seen in the diagnostic, these G resgisters are ones that are passed from the PMC (ladder) to the CNC side, ones coming back are F registers.
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Machine is not hanging. I can try to execute another command after, for example, M43.
    There is no sensors that monitoring spindle is up-to-speed as you sayed.
    Yeah, I understood about G4.3 in diagnostics. But as i found into PLC software G4.3 is Magnetic Seperator Motor Overload. M FINISH is G120.3.

Downloads
    Uploads

Generally the common method of up to speed does not require any sensors external to the drive it is an output from the spindle drive to the PMC that says the ramp up to speed has completed and should now be between 85% & 100% of commanded speed.
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is NO speed regulators at the spindle control circuit. Just a simple magnetic contactor that turns on or off from CNC board. And as i remember in the software there is no signal something like "spindle speed ready". Now i'll try to find what's going on with M FINISH signal. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I got confused, because you mentioned in an earlier post that you had two speeds, How do they do that if it is just a contactor pick-up, unless they run in star & delta?
    If so there should be a ladder rung for each speed, triggered by the M code.
    Which means the M code does not know or the FIN signal get confirmation wether the contactor is picked up or not, that may be why.
    It is an unconfirmed FIN signal.
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im with Al here, you will have to have something giving the MFIN signal. If its just a contactor then maybe they are using aux relays from the contactor? Monitoring the motor leads for amperage, or something to show the motor running?
    Using M43 and M44 for high/low speed are you switching gears in a gearbox? If so it could be a switch showing that it changed gears. If not it should be as Al stated, a star/delta connection.
    Be sure to post back what ya find.

Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry yes there is two speeds for one spindle but they are switching with contactors. I mean there is no electronic regulators. It is something like star/delta. And there is no current monitoring as you sayed. No encoders on spindles.

But the problem is that both spindles is not turning at all after entering code.

OK, i'll check the M FIN signal tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just to elaborate, the M,S &T codes all require a FIN signal, but not all are conditional.
    For example a T tool change will require that the FIN signal hold the process up until the end of the tool change function and then allow the code to proceed.
    Others such as coolant for instance, just turn the coollant pump on and do not use any confirmation, so a the FIN signal is issued right away.
    This may be the case in your instance, so if the relevant contactor did not pick up, the M process would not know.
    I would check the ladder fuctions that turn the contactor on, see if the output is on etc.
    If it was a contactor overload tripped and this was not monitored then this could cause this symptom.
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have tried some things today bu tthere was no succesful results. I tried to enter M3 and M4 codes. No reaction. Tried to set spindle speed, nothing. Coolant is not turning on and hydraulics is not moving too. At least i have tried to replace the master PCB and additional IO PCB. With old parameters there was no changes. M FIM signal stays on 0 all the time. Signal for M43 is not turning on when i look into diagnostic. There is no errors, alarms, warnings...
    I have some questions. Does anybody knows what parameters from 0900 to 0920 means? I have description about parameters from 0001 to 799.
    And there is another interesting thing. Parameter 0001 bit 2. In description is written: "1: Pushing the start button on the MDI panel directly actuate the CNC start without going through the machine side (MDI mode only)
    0:Pushing the START button on the MDI panel issues the signal to the machine side. The CNC start is actuated when the CNC receives the start signal from machine side."
    Maybe there must be a button on the machine side? Or a signal? Whatever, this bit stays on 1... I have tried to push OUTPUT START button on MDI panel, nothing. I've tried to push it together with CYCLE START. Nothing.
    Maybe someone can give me working machine parameters, i'll compare them with mine, maybe this would help...

Downloads
    Uploads

The 900 para. are option parameters.
    Did you check the appropriate output bit and ladder rung for a simple function like turning the coolant on?
    If you can turn any of the outputs on, but the contactor does not, it sounds like you may have a power problem especially if the hydraulics are not on, as they are often hardwired switched, not by the PMC.
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hydraulics is on. I can turn on coolant, both spindles in JOG and MPG modes, so the power part is OK.
    About M FIN signal. To turn on M FIN signal after turning on spindle there must be set two signals - one is for M43 (example), another is on when spindle is turned on, it means that contactor is closed.There is no signal for M43. PMC is not turning it on. I'd like to view parameters from fully working machine...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is some pictures of machine maybe it can help...
    Machine:
    Fanuc OT problem-bilde1-jpg
    Operators panel:
    Fanuc OT problem-bilde2-jpg
    After returning to zero position:
    Fanuc OT problem-bilde3-jpg
    When M43 is pressed:
    Fanuc OT problem-bilde4-jpg
    When INPUT is pressed:
    Fanuc OT problem-bilde5-jpg
    And when pressing CYCLE START nothing changes...
    And - does anyone can give me parameters of working OT controls?