Need Help! 11M control, No axis move

Thread: 11M control, No axis move

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 11M control, No axis move

Hello CNCZone, this is my first post and I want to say first that this is a great community for learning as well as to share good practical knowledge. Let’s keep the good work.
    Me and friend have a Burgmaster /Powerhawk VTC 150 with a 11m control. About two years ago MB went bad and has been replaced with another 11M purchased in Internet. The old MB we stored for parts.
    I am very sorry to say that no backup were done to any of the parameters, even the Option Parameters and would like to add to any one reading this post to please do yourself a Big favor and take the time to Backup all your Parameters.
    We carefully move all the other boards (PMC, ROM/RAM, Bubble Memory, Power supply) from the old board to the new board.
    At first turn on it went to the IPL screen and I follow all instructions as described on here and different forums.
    When I got to the part to enter Option Parameters I only press the input button for the 32 options in hope that options were stored in the bubble memory.
    After this it went again into IPL screen, please see photo below:

We exit the IPL by input 6 and the control seems to work ok since it display “1” at the self diagnostic LED. Fanuc Manual says that this means Normal operation.
    The problem is that at this point the machine won’t move the axis at all. No Jog, No Handle No Reference Return….if I select Reference return and push -X, -Y, +Y I can see on the screen the word REF change to JOG but also next to it there is the word STOP that never disappear. Position screen shows movement but the axis are not moving. What could it be the problem?
    Also, STOP never disappear even in JOG or Handle.
    The lights for the X, Y, Z buttons does not light when press. I have check power supply DC voltages with oscilloscope and check fuses in power supply, input/output board, and the fuses at the back of the operator panel next to the CRT screen. all are OK according to the manual.

On the diagnostic screen for the BMI DI I can see the the status change for the X, Y, Z buttons when they are press, Also can see those changes on the X.xxx input address in the PC screen which a imagine are the same buttons but since I dont have documents that tell me what those input are is very difficult to follow them into the ladder.

One question, If Diagnostic shows a BMI DI/DO screen , does this means that I have BMI interface?
    I ask because when I choose BMI interface at the parameter #2001 bit 5 it alarms all the Hard limits for all the axes. if I choose FS6 Interface then all is normal (No Alarms)

Thank you in advance CNCZone for your help.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11M control, No axis move-ipl-screen-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 11M control, No axis move

Try entering 99 on IPL screen so you can enter number of axes then hit enter for all of the options.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mike 283

Thank you for your response.....We did that about a year ago and the message "wrong number of axis" never showed again.
    Still, the control will not command movement for the axis.

I am attaching pictures of the Diagnostic screen for the BMI Input (DI) from 000 to 071. Can you see any signal missing or active that might prevent the axis to move ? Address 072 (Not in Pictures) for the Z axis looks the same as address 064 and 068 (X, Y).

I suspect of bits #2 and #3 on address 064 , 068, 072. according to manual these are +EDx and -EDx (External Deceleration signal) These signal are Active Low and as can be seen they are active! But can find any external micro-switch or button on the operator panel that will make those signal go to "1".
    The only micro-switch present on the axis are the ones for Hard Limits and Reference Return.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11M control, No axis move-diag-bmi-di-000-035-jpg   11M control, No axis move-diag-bmi-di-036-071-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever get this resolved? I just received a machine that is having very similar problems and i am very new to the Fanuc 11m control so i am having a hard time. Please let me know I appreciate any advice thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

The BMU has all the parameters stored and should retain them indefinitely.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have manual of this system?
    to move axis x and Y input 64.4 and 68.4 should be 1.
    please contact me on vishalsojitra.dh@gmail.com I will guide you to fix this problem by seen your manual.
    Thanking you.