Need Help! FOCAS2 with 31i controler want to capture info

Thread: FOCAS2 with 31i controler want to capture info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool FOCAS2 with 31i controler want to capture info

I am having a problem finding documentation on how to use FOCAS2 for a FANUC 31i controller. I would like to capture information like; the time and date a program was started, when it stopped, if any alarms occurred, what the alarms are. Can anyone tell me where to find the info I need to set up a system to capture this info? I went to FANUCs web site and I can see a number of manuals on a item named CIMPLICITY. Is this what I need? I do not see any manuals on FOCAS2.

Thanks,

StoneCut

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FOCAS2 with 31i controler want to capture info

I have used FOCAS2 for capturing information but what you are asking for will require use of Custom macro combined with FOCAS2 functions.

To capture time and date of a program start, you need to enter the machine clock information (through program) into 2 macro variables (anything from 500 and beyond). One has to hold the date and other the time. At the end of the program you can pull the same info captured in variables from the PC using some FOCAS functions.

Alarms can be captured from the alarm table through functions and this is pretty straight forward issue.

Hope this helps

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks yaji63

I figured out how to capture the time stamp data with a macro and write it to a variable. Now I just need to know how to use FOCAS2 to get the data in the variable out of the machine. or better yet, is there a document I can down load (or buy) that will explain how to use FOCUS2.

StoneCut

Downloads
    Uploads

Hallo,

from your local Fanuc service center purchase FOCAS1/2 Library disk A02B-0207-K737.
    you also need Ethernet function A02B-0303-S707

For the FOCAS2/Ethernet functions, the machine tool builder or end user can
    create desired software operated on each personal computer using the FOCAS2
    library software.
    In the FOCAS2/Ethernet functions, the CNC operates as a server and waits for a
    communication start request from a personal computer that operates as a client.

have fun

Downloads
    Uploads

If the machine has FOCAS2 then I presume it already has an Ethernet port which is used by Fanuc for diagnostic purposes. You can use the same for pulling the Macro variable data from the machine. Like suggested in the reply by norbert, you need to buy the FOCAS2 CD from Fanuc which is pretty cheap to buy but you may not need the Ethernet option if your only intention is to capture the Macro variable data.

There are a few FOCAS2 functions which work only on Fast Ethernet option. If you need to use those functions then you will have to buy the Fast Ethernet option. May be you first purchase the CD, go through the contents and then decide what you need and what you dont as Fast Ethernet function does not come cheap !