Need Help! help with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)

Thread: help with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default help with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)

anyone have a Fanuc 18i mb control on a horizontal with 120 tools? my problem started awhile ago we had a power outage when the magazine was searching for the next tool, this created the tool wait position to read 00 so I went into the PMC-DATA-G DATA starting with #130 - 158 I adjusted those #s and I got lucky it worked however I could not access the second magazine anymore I was fine as long as I did not call up any tool above #59. I had the technician come out to try and help me get this fixed, but somehow he changed something and the PMC-DATA-GDATA screen changed , and I don't know how to get it back. the screen I get now on PMC-DATA is only 1 line top of screen says (pmc data tbl control) under that is group table count = 1 under that is a list of #s but only 1 line is shown (001 D0000 (PARAMETER 0000) (TYPE 0) (NO. OF DATA 10000)
    then if I press G.DATA at the bottom the bottom the screen changes to :
    at the top
    (PMC PRM (DATA) 001/005 BIN)
    under that another series of #s starts with 0000 goes all the way to 10000

now the power went out again during the next tool callup so im stuck.

this is different from the original screen that screen only had a few #s each page and I was able to change the tool order to remedy my situation.
    now the technician says he changed noting but none the less I am now stuck here and I cannot tool change or call up another tool
    I am not a newby I usually figure these out but I'm stuck
    any help would be appreciated

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: help with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)

help with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)-img_20150804_091759430-jpghelp with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)-img_20150804_091808357-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ktbucs View Post
    anyone have a Fanuc 18i mb control on a horizontal with 120 tools? my problem started awhile ago we had a power outage when the magazine was searching for the next tool, this created the tool wait position to read 00 so I went into the PMC-DATA-G DATA starting with #130 - 158 I adjusted those #s and I got lucky it worked however I could not access the second magazine anymore I was fine as long as I did not call up any tool above #59. I had the technician come out to try and help me get this fixed, but somehow he changed something and the PMC-DATA-GDATA screen changed , and I don't know how to get it back. the screen I get now on PMC-DATA is only 1 line top of screen says (pmc data tbl control) under that is group table count = 1 under that is a list of #s but only 1 line is shown (001 D0000 (PARAMETER 0000) (TYPE 0) (NO. OF DATA 10000)
    then if I press G.DATA at the bottom the bottom the screen changes to :
    at the top
    (PMC PRM (DATA) 001/005 BIN)
    under that another series of #s starts with 0000 goes all the way to 10000

now the power went out again during the next tool callup so im stuck.

this is different from the original screen that screen only had a few #s each page and I was able to change the tool order to remedy my situation.
    now the technician says he changed noting but none the less I am now stuck here and I cannot tool change or call up another tool
    I am not a newby I usually figure these out but I'm stuck
    any help would be appreciated
    You have a key called "zoom" ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    You have a key called "zoom" ?
    I have no idea what a key called zoom is, however I did fix the tool order enough to work for now, I'm waiting on hyundia to help me get the second carousel to work so I can use all 120 tools, right now I have 59 tools in use so I really need that to work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ktbucs View Post
    I have no idea what a key called zoom is, however I did fix the tool order enough to work for now, I'm waiting on hyundia to help me get the second carousel to work so I can use all 120 tools, right now I have 59 tools in use so I really need that to work.
    You have access to ladder?

Downloads
    Uploads

The 18i does not use a zoom button. It looks like someone has changed the C DATA setting. The data is actually stored in a D address, so it should still be intact. You will need to find out the original setting for this. Once it is entered, everything should return to normal.

Think of the data tables as a file cabinet. This file cabinet has multiple drawers with folder in each drawer.
    The "Group Table Count" would be the number of drawers in the cabinet.
    The "address" is how the drawers are labeled.
    The "parameter" sets up what language the information is in and is it protected. (HEX, BCD, BIN)
    The type tells us how big each piece of data is. I like to think of it as one, two or four pages in each folder. (1 byte, 2 bytes, 4 bytes)
    The "NO. of Data" tells us how many folders are in each drawer. If this is set to 10 and the type is set to 2 bytes, there will be ten folders with two pages each.

I know this is simplistic, but it gets the point across.

Here is a shot from my text book.
    help with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)-data-table-jpg

[url]www.shoprag.com[/url]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone. I'm basically having the same issue as ktbucks.

I'll explain:

It's a Mori Seiki FL-2 Lathe, with a Fanuc 20-tb controller. The machine was inactive for about two years. Last month the defective I/O board was replaced by a new one, and I've begun the process of trying to get the machine working again.

First, I replaced the dead batteries, and after that I was able to load the NC parameters from a backup, through the Serial port.

I cycled power, and now I get the common "APC 300 axis needs zrn" alarm, since the batteries died long ago. But, I also get a message that says "EX1047 Specified PC Parameter Cleared". My guess was that I had to load the PC paramters, which I started doing manually, from the printed parameter list that came with the machine.

The Timer, Counter, and Relay parameters presented no problem, but I haven't been able to fill the PMC data tables. When I access the data parameter screen this is what I get:

I can't do much with that. Then I thought filling the data in G.DATA would help. Heres a picture of the G.DATA screen:

If you see here, in the printed parameter List:

Data corresponding to No. 0002 Address D0002 in the G.Data Window should be "188", right? Right. When I input that in the corresponding field, I get "Input Invalid". I see "BIN" in the top of the G.DATA screen, and "188" isn't binary, but, what I'm i supposed to do?

I've read the manuals, and there's really nothing relevant.

So, whats happening here? Why is my C.DATA page different? After inputting Relay, Timer and Counter parameters I still have the EX1047 message and I guess that that is what is stopping the machine from working.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)-jfi3l3j-jpg   help with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)-s7amiup-jpg   help with fanuc 18i mb pmc data (pages)-gqoekgx-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know if anyone is paying attention to this post, but I'll update on my advances since its the right thing to do, and someone else might find this useful.

I've loaded all the data tables, but I'm still getting the EX1047 message and the machine is still in an Error status (ERR led blinking in the panel)

This might be common knowledge for some, I honestly don't know, but, here's what you do if you find yourself in the same situation, where all your data tables are gone.

From Fanuc's GFZ-61863E/14 manual, p.357:

""PMC data table consists of table control data and data table. Table control data control the size and data format (BCD or binary) of
    the tables. This table control data must first be set from CRT/MDI before preparing data table.""

So, first we need to set up the table control data. In the parameter sheet that came with the machine there are 12 data tables specified (See printed parameter list picture attachment from my previous post). You write the number of data tables, which would be 12 in my case, and press G.CONT in the following screen.

You'll then need to configure those data tables, since they all come up starting at the same D0000 address, and with the same Data type and Nuber of items. This information is contained in your printed parameter list. After doing that, you'll be able to go ahead and input all the data in each adress by pressing G.DATA.

I hope I've explained myself well enough.
    ----
    ----

Right now I'm still blocked with the "EX1047 SPECIFIED PC PARAMETER CLEARED" message

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot to mention that i haven't been able to input data in addresses D0200 to D0210, they inmediately change back to zero after input. For example D0203 should cointain "-126" (according to the printed parameter list). I try to input that, but it goes back to zero. Same for all addresses in that range. No digit will work. It changes back to zero independenty of what I type in.

I think that this is where the problem is.

Downloads
    Uploads

The reason that they change back is because your PMC Ladder writes to them. If you go to your ladder and type in D200 and press search you will find a function block is writing to these. If you can EMAIL me your ladder I can tell you what is causing your alarm EX1047. drdos98@yahoo.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    The reason that they change back is because your PMC Ladder writes to them. If you go to your ladder and type in D200 and press search you will find a function block is writing to these. If you can EMAIL me your ladder I can tell you what is causing your alarm EX1047. drdos98@yahoo.com
    I don't have a file containing the ladder. Is that something I can back up from the machine via RS232? I've only accessed it through the machine's screen. I also have the printed ladder diagram, that is like 100 pages.

Edit: I get a message that says "Address bit nothing" when I search for the address in the ladder.

Last edited by Febo00; 03-18-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

goto PMC, I/O, and punch the ladder from there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    goto PMC, I/O, and punch the ladder from there.
    drdos, there is no I/O option in my PMC options, only PMCPARAM, PMCDGN and PMCLAD.

This morning I contacted FANUC and Mori Seiki to see if they could send me the ladder. FANUC service said they didn't have it and that I should contact Mori, but also suggested I did the following:

press the custom botton, ( same button that you press to check the tool changer options and tools) then type in 76543210 then press enter, you should see a prompt that asks to overwrite parameters or something of that nature, press YES but DONT POWER OFF (it might tell you too) then go into those D addressees and overwrite d 200 and the ones that you had trouble with.. When you finish that then power off and you should be good.

I did this, and I was able to write the data in the addresses that were changing back to zero. Now the EX1047 message is gone, but i'm still having troubles with the turret. See, there are no erros or messages, even the ERR led is off. The only led light showing a problem is the TRCL indicator, which blinks, indicating that there's a problem with the tool changer.

I haven't been able to properly Zero the axes. First, none of the axes move in any mode (handle o jog). I changed to 0 the APC bit in paramter 1815, and the alarm dissapears, but the TRCL light still blinks, and the axes still don't do anything. I'm thinking that the TRCL led warning and not being able to set the mechine home position are related.

This is weird, because in other FANUC's controlled machines I've always been able to move with JOG or HANDLE the axes when setting up the home zero.

In short, if I change the 1815 bit to zero, the alarm dissappears, and if I change them back to 1, the "axis need zrn" alarm comes back. In both cases I can't move the axes, and the TRCL led light is blinking.

Edit: I wanto clarify that when the APC 300 alarm is present, the machine is in MDI mode, and pressing the handle or jog buttons doesn't work. When I clear the alamr by changing the APC bit, I can select Handle and Jog, but nothing moves.

Last edited by Febo00; 03-18-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

go to system Diagnostic and see if any of those bits are on. You might have to try jogging and see if any of those bits turn on. Check G8.0 in the ladder to see if it turns on. It needs to be on to allow axis movement. If that bit is on try G130.0, for X G130.1 for Y and G130.2 for Z. Mori wrote custom software so it is possible that they are stopping the axis from moving there as well.