Need Help! Lost zero parameters on Fanuc Oi-mate MD

Thread: Lost zero parameters on Fanuc Oi-mate MD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lost zero parameters on Fanuc Oi-mate MD

Hi all, We are in the desperate need of help. We bought a VMC a while ago, before we bought it we checked it all and everything was perfect, machine was in storage for 7 months as we haven't had a workshop ready. We finally plugged it in yesterday and the surprise. We got a DS 0300 Alarm on the controller. Looked like machine lost its zero parameters. Trouble is that in the MDI settings we changed some values from 0 to 1 and the error disappeared but because for transportation and storage spindle was secured to the table we don't know where the original Zero was.

Is there any way to restore previous zero parameters. We obviously need to get it right as wrong set up on the Z will cause crash with ATC.

Please help what to look for

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lost zero parameters on Fanuc Oi-mate MD

normally you should check the hard limit switch and set your home position about 10 mm away from them.
    after setting the zero for all axes you need to check the 1320 parameter for stroke limit on + direction and must be between 3000-5000(it means 3-5 mm)
    for the tool change you must adjust the 1241 parameter on z axes until will fits the perfect atc change on the arm.

Lost zero parameters on Fanuc Oi-mate MD-setting-position-arm-jpg

for doing that you have to go up on the arm motor,release the brake of motor is a lever there and than with a 13 or 12 socket key rotate clockwise the motor untill the arm will touch the tool holder.
    check with a flashlight if there a space like i show in the picture.if not go back and adjust manual the z axes in the direction you want.
    finally when you have the right position ,take the z value from machine coordinate and inserte it to 1241 parameter and you are done.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    normally you should check the hard limit switch and set your home position about 10 mm away from them.
    after setting the zero for all axes you need to check the 1320 parameter for stroke limit on + direction and must be between 3000-5000(it means 3-5 mm)
    for the tool change you must adjust the 1241 parameter on z axes until will fits the perfect atc change on the arm.

Lost zero parameters on Fanuc Oi-mate MD-setting-position-arm-jpg

for doing that you have to go up on the arm motor,release the brake of motor is a lever there and than with a 13 or 12 socket key rotate clockwise the motor untill the arm will touch the tool holder.
    check with a flashlight if there a space like i show in the picture.if not go back and adjust manual the z axes in the direction you want.
    finally when you have the right position ,take the z value from machine coordinate and inserte it to 1241 parameter and you are done.
    Thanks so much for your input. We changed in FDI the APZ in line 1815 and set it from the limit switch trying to find right distance from this so ATC arm would perfectly fit tool with tiny gap. It works now and ATC changes tools without any problems. I don't quite understand what line 1241 sets exactly. Does it set distance from the ATC arm? Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks so much for your input. We changed in FDI the APZ in line 1815 and set it from the limit switch trying to find right distance from this so ATC arm would perfectly fit tool with tiny gap. It works now and ATC changes tools without any problems. I don't quite understand what line 1241 sets exactly. Does it set distance from the ATC arm? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

1241 is the second reference point for z axes
    in the tool change program 09001 you will find "G30 Z0" -go to second reference point for tool change-you can adjusted it by 1241

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    1241 is the second reference point for z axes
    in the tool change program 09001 you will find "G30 Z0" -go to second reference point for tool change-you can adjusted it by 1241
    Thanks a lot, sorted out everything, machine works really well. This forum is a really useful source of info

Downloads
    Uploads

glad we could help you.
    do not hesitate to call us when you need help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by yendrek3 View Post
    Hi all, We are in the desperate need of help. We bought a VMC a while ago, before we bought it we checked it all and everything was perfect, machine was in storage for 7 months as we haven't had a workshop ready. We finally plugged it in yesterday and the surprise. We got a DS 0300 Alarm on the controller. Looked like machine lost its zero parameters. Trouble is that in the MDI settings we changed some values from 0 to 1 and the error disappeared but because for transportation and storage spindle was secured to the table we don't know where the original Zero was.

Is there any way to restore previous zero parameters. We obviously need to get it right as wrong set up on the Z will cause crash with ATC.

Please help what to look for
    Mine got crashed a couple days ago, and i got lost parameter and it showing Sram Ecc Error. After i google it, it said i need to clear the from. But after i did it, my machine wont boot. my friend said it because the system files isn't found and i need to restore it. But i didnt has any backup before. Can you please send me system file backup to my email? I really need your help.

Bagas Ajie Sutikno
    bagasajie55@gmail.com