fanuc 3t wont send prog.

Thread: fanuc 3t wont send prog.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default fanuc 3t wont send prog.

hi.
    i am having a problem with one of the lathes at my work. and was wondering if anyone could help. first off a little info on the machine. it's a hitachi seiki, with fanuc 3t-f. the problem we are having with it is using rs-232 we can put programs into memory. but we cant dump them back to the PC. we're using the same cable for several other machines using both fanuc and yasnac controls, with no problems.
    if it will help here is all the rs-232 related parameters i could find while reading through the maintaince manual, as they are currently in the machine.

0005=00000011
    0013=00000000
    0014=00000001
    0068=1200
    0069=1200
    tvon=0
    iso=1
    i/o=1

any help would be greatly apreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Your parameters are set for 1200 baud and 2 stop bits, so you'll have to set your DNC software on your PC to match that setting.

The 3TF is an odd control. It has the symbolic FAPT programming system, and there should be a button on your panel to switch back & forth between the the FAPT display and the CNC display. You'll need to be in the "CNC" display mode to send & receive files.

The RS232 signals on this control also go THROUGH the FAPT board. When you create a program using FAPT, you can send it (by RS232) to the CNC control, or you should be able to send/receive from an external PC also. If there's a problem with the FAPT board, or if the FAPT display is selected, you won't be able to communicate with the external PC.

What happens when you try to send a file to your PC? Does the Fanuc blink "EDIT" for a while, then does the blinking symbol turn off ? If so, then the CNC thinks that it's sending data. If EDIT blinks forever, then you may have a hardware handshake signal missing. The Fanuc can't send data unless it sees a signal on pin #5 on the serial connector. This signal (CTS, or Clear To Send) can either be wired to the PCs RTS signal or you can jumper pins 4 & 5 together on the CNC end of the cable. In any case, a missing CTS signal will prevent the Fanuc from sending any data.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What happens when you try to send a file to your PC? Does the Fanuc blink "EDIT" for a while, then does the blinking symbol turn off ? If so, then the CNC thinks that it's sending data. If EDIT blinks forever, then you may have a hardware handshake signal missing.
    thats exactly what it does!

the cable we are currently using is a software handshake with 4 jumpered to 5 and 6,8, and 20 jumpered together. are you saying that we should try hardware handshake? this can me arranged easily as i have spare parts to make up the new wire with laying around. is there any parameter that could be wrong causing it to receive programs but not send? thanx for the hepl so far. this site is very helpful

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

just a little more info here if i try t send the program out with out the cable connected it gives me... p/s alarm :086. also gives same error if i try to remove cable hwile it's "sending". if i leave it be with cable plugged in, it will sit indefinatly with edit solid and "out" flashing. agains it's an xon/xoff cable, not a rts/cts cable.

Downloads
    Uploads

The alarm 086 would be expected if you don't have a signal on pins 6 or pin 8.

The fact that your control shows "EDIT" on the screen and no data is being sent tells me that the problem is with pin #5 (CTS) on the Fanuc plug. If pin 5 is not held high, then the Fanuc is inhibited from sending any data. If your cable has a jumper from pin 4 to 5, check to be sure that it's not broken or shorted to another pin. It's also possible that pin 4 on the Fanuc is not outputting a signal so, as an experiment, you can connect pin 5 on the Fanuc to pin 7 on the PC's 9-pin plug (using a wire in the cable). With pin 5 held high, your Fanuc should send data.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok so i made a db25 end with pins 6,8, and 20 jumpered and a pin 4 and 7 hanging loose. 4 being my RTS of course and 7 being a ground. when i measured between the 2 with my multimeter i get 11.3v so pin 4 is going high like it should and since the cable is wired right (checked it with the same multimeter) pin 5 should be driven high allowing file transfer... im at a loss for idea's