Fanuc 0i-mb 3D surfacing problems

Thread: Fanuc 0i-mb 3D surfacing problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 0i-mb 3D surfacing problems

I have been told by Fanuc, and Doosan that my Revo 4020 with a fanuc oi-mb can do 3d well.
    Now the machine is cutting off the corners as it surfaces. Like if I had stair with little radii at the bottoms and it cuts off the top sharp corner. I think the parameter are not set up right. I am using G08 P0 and G05.1 P0 at the beggining of my programs, and it runs smoth at 5-150 ipm, but it hacks the details (by over .05-.1"). At 5-15 ipm it is not bad, but it is still rounding the corners. At 120 ipm I get the round to start at .100" away from the edge.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreicated. I am wasting time, material and unable to use the machine for what we bought it for.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by isaseraf View Post
    I have been told by Fanuc, and Doosan that my Revo 4020 with a fanuc oi-mb can do 3d well.
    Now the machine is cutting off the corners as it surfaces. Like if I had stair with little radii at the bottoms and it cuts off the top sharp corner. I think the parameter are not set up right. I am using G08 P0 and G05.1 P0 at the beggining of my programs, and it runs smoth at 5-150 ipm, but it hacks the details (by over .05-.1"). At 5-15 ipm it is not bad, but it is still rounding the corners. At 120 ipm I get the round to start at .100" away from the edge.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreicated. I am wasting time, material and unable to use the machine for what we bought it for.
    I think you need G08P1 to turn the lookahead on and G08P0 to turn it off, I am just looking at the manual for the 0I control. I have never used it my self but that is the format it calls for P1 turns it on P0 turns it off. If you need the manuals send me a privar message with your e-mail and I can send them to you. I have the operator and the parrameter manuals, And Maintenence too. Oh and I git 0It also

Bluesman