Need Help! SETTING TOOL OFFSET TO A HEAVY TOOL

Thread: SETTING TOOL OFFSET TO A HEAVY TOOL

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SETTING TOOL OFFSET TO A HEAVY TOOL

I have a Fanuc 31i control and its saying any tool of 22lbs or more should be listed as a heavy tool. My question is how do you specify this in the offset page and what will this setting do to the machine, if anything?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

please specify the manufacturer of your machine.is not enough to say fanuc 31i ,we need to know also the brand.as far as i know when you use a heavy tool many machine builders use another T code for different tool size.this should be written in the operation manual.for example some builders use T1000-T8999 for large tools use ,T01-T999 for normal tools use or T9000-T9999 for one heavy tool use between 2 small tools.
    they use that because when you have a big and heavy tool that you want to put in spindle the sequence of the tool change will be executed with low speed of the hydraulic system ,because of the big forces that appears when the rotation of the arm is made.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

it's part of the Tool Life Management function.
    See the attached page from the Fanuc 31i manual
    Read the entire Tool Life Management section of your 31i manual for more info.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SETTING TOOL OFFSET TO A HEAVY TOOL-largetool-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Learn the setting from edu birdie review because this will help you to manage the heavy tools. The offset page will change the setting of the actual ones.