Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 434 servo alarm: Z axis detect error

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you look at the parameters you are telling the control to look at optical scales and switching off the encoders. A quick check on scale machines for disconnect alarms is to switch the encoders back on. Often the machine will then run fine, albeit with less accuracy than before. I've often had to do this for customers with OKK machines whilst waiting for a production stop to get on the machine to sort it out.
    Alan B

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Assuming you have a 18 or 21 control look at parameter 1815 bit 1. A 1 is for optical scales and a 0 is for encoders.
    Alan B

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We had the same problem with the Z axis, diggityds is right. It was a problem with the hydraulic counterbalance. We increased the pressure and its working perfectly fine.

Thank you for solving our problems once again

Downloads
    Uploads

I had a, 414 servo alarm: Z axis detect error, on my Mitsui Seiki HU40A.
    I got that because the ways on the Z axis were almost dry and the servo motor had to work too hard.The ways didn't get enough lubrication.
    As soon as I got the alarm the Z axis kept going until it ran out of momentum.
    And when I started it up again after ,say an hour, it worked fine again. For a while.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the signal cable from motor to Z axis board loose because moving, or broken due to oil. Sometimes pulse coder's bad (rarely)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Alan B View Post
    If you look at the parameters you are telling the control to look at optical scales and switching off the encoders. A quick check on scale machines for disconnect alarms is to switch the encoders back on. Often the machine will then run fine, albeit with less accuracy than before. I've often had to do this for customers with OKK machines whilst waiting for a production stop to get on the machine to sort it out.
    Alan B
    I've never seen any machine set up so that when the OPT bit is set to a 1 that it "shuts off" the encoders and looks at the scales only. Every machine I've ever set up with scales has parameters for resolution of the scale (read), and the amount of allowable Synch error between the encoder and the read of the scale.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post scale, 434

when using scale, the encoder is still used to monitor motor speed as a tacho.
    The cnc compares movement from the encoder to the scale, if the motor is moving, but no feedback signal comes back from the scale within a preset distance, you get a disconnect alarm, this can be caused by excessive backlash and the alarm detection level can be compensated somewhat by parameter.(or the scale may be faulty).

As for the 434 detect error alarm , check dianostics 720-727 and see which bit is a 1 when the alarm occurs.
    If you can't clear the alarm by pressing reset or just power off /on the cnc while leaving the main machine power on, then the alarm will be displayed on the servo drive pcb for the Z axis and can be cleared by main power off/on.

Hope this may be of help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Glass scales

I have several amchines that utilize both glass scales and absolute motor encoders and they perfoem exactly as stated above. This is a safety feature that if the motor is running and scale signal doesn't you get the error another type of error is a disconnect and this may refer to a popped clutch on the spindle/ball screw.

i have 444 alarm i need help whit this!!! When i do turn on to my VMC with Fanuc OMD .

Downloads
    Uploads

for 0M
    parameter 37 bits from 0 to 3 (axes from 1st to 4th)
    1 - separate pulse coder or linear scale used
    0 - separate pulse coder or linear scale not used

New location: Sevastopol, Crimea, Russia.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rgdcncmachines View Post
    i have 444 alarm i need help whit this!!! When i do turn on to my VMC with Fanuc OMD .
    error 4n4: N–th axis digital servo system fault. Refer to diagnosis display No. 720 and No.727 for details

New location: Sevastopol, Crimea, Russia.

Yes i know my friend . In my DGN 723 #6 its 1 . So in manual book says Low Voltage. But Low voltage where????

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast