PMC-L for 0-A: anyone have a disk for a pgmate?

Thread: PMC-L for 0-A: anyone have a disk for a pgmate?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PMC-L for 0-A: anyone have a disk for a pgmate?

Ive got a pg mate, about all the software except for the pmc-l on the 0-A controls...unfortunately the 0-C data disk was 'saved' on the original pgmate pmc-l disk, so I dont think I can just load the 0-A data disk...need a pmc-l and 0-A data on separate disks, or just one saved for the A control...

nothing urgent, just would like to be able to do As on the mate- right now the only option is using the PG MARKII (have both versions for it- different software for the Mate is required though...)

just wondered if someone might be willing to let me borrow their 0-A/PGMate disk for a bit

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The 0-A, B, C, D all used the same FAPT Ladder software as well as the FAPT Data software (PMC-L, PMC-M, PMC-M with MMC). FANUC did update them over time to include support for new features such as symbolic ladder edit on the PG Mate and support for I/O Link, etc.

So, if you have a combined FAPT Ladder + PMC-M diskette, you could load that up and simply go to R3 prompt and load in the PMC-L Data disk over the top. The PMC-L will displace the PMC-M data. To confirm, you can go to the EDIT screen and scroll through the R0 pages and you'll see that it did load up the PMC-L software.

You can then save out a new combined FAPT Ladder + PMC-L to a blank disk, if you like.

Last edited by cnc2149; 04-28-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

pmc-l for 0-c wont do pmc-l for 0-a...2764 vs 27256 roms...is there another parameter or something I missed? havent really used the mate all that much- its small, but slower than the MarkII...thanks for the info!
    Tim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is true that the 0-A PMC-L uses 2764 and the 0-B/C/D use 27256 EPROMs. The programmer knows what to do when you enter the location code of the EPROM you are reading/writing. The programmer uses your specified location code of the EPROM chip to determine the size of EPROM. 011 or 012 means 2764 for PMC-L (0-A). 0E1 or 0E2 calls up 27256 for PMC-L (0-B/C/D). 0F1 or 0F2 is used for PMC-M.

Downloads
    Uploads

DOH!!!

seriously- thankyou! Made my day- since i'm asking stupid questions, please tell me the original FLADDER for IBM works the same way... Ive been lugging that 'portable' 65 pound P-G MarkII around occasionally for a decade too long if thats the case...now I feel even more stupid than usual

when we bought the original FLADDER for IBM, we got the disk/license documentation, but that was it...the books were backordered, never thought about it till now- we never did get the paper books, never read up on it...decent software dont require much manual time I guess, and as it worked just like the P-G, never looked at it... I'm pretty sure theres PDFs of the book on a old infolink disk or something...thanks again

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The IBM Fladder does not work the same way as the old PG based software.

FANUC only said that the IBM worked with 0-C/D but you can still use it with 0-B. Unfortunately, it will not support the 0-A.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's additional information to correct an earlier post on loading PMC Data diskette into a PG Mate/Mark II.

You can still overload any of the 3 Data diskettes even if you have initially loaded up a combined Ladder/Data diskette.

When loading a Data diskette, you need to use the correct Data diskette and you also have to specify an 'operating system' to designate the type of CNC.

Data diskettes:
    ===========
    PMC-L
    PMC-M
    PMC-M (MMC only)

'Operating System' Selection:
    ======================
    At the R3 prompt, you insert the data diskette from the above list and select one of the following:

Request> PMC/OS (used for 0-A)
    Request> PMC/OS2 (used for 0-A with extended functions but give up 500 ladder steps)
    Request> PMC/OS3 (used for 0-B/C/D)
    Request> PMC/OS4 (used for 0-C with PMC-M that uses IO Link)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have a copy, but how can i send you?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default do you need disk for PG? oa?

i have it, if you need it i can send you. I dont want to pay you a 400 dolars
    i need a emulator for pg, or convert fanuc #ex for 0a 2464 eproms.
    Because my pgmate is broken

Downloads
    Uploads

Default need disk command for pg

Hi from france
    must copy a 3,5 '' system disk on a PG MARK II
    i must use R3 key
    and use the "SAVE" command but
    i don't know how to format the disk

Many thank for your reply

Regards

PS : i'm also serching for a fapt doctor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Invoking the SAVE command will format the diskette in the FANUC format before it performs the write to disk. If you have other data diskettes that you would like to format with the FANUC formatting, you can enter DINT at the R3 prompt.

Downloads
    Uploads

yep, DINT... silly question,why are you looking for FAPT doctor? looks like a useless piece of software to me?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FAPT DOCTOR

many thanks for your helpful reply

in fact i need fapt doctor do perform a ram and keyboard test

the CAN key has an unusual behavior :

i write some 111111111111 on keyboard and after i press can, all the caracters are deleted => it normal
    but if i press the key "1" for one or more time again, i have 0 or 1 caracters on my screen => not good !!

and if use "BS" key to delete the line, the behavior is correct

i suspect some bad ram chip

Regards

Herve

Downloads
    Uploads

I see... yeah FAPT doctor has testing routines...

are you running P-G, or P-G MarkII, or P-G Mate?

if a P-G or MarkII, I bet the trouble is a sticky shift key- mines done that before...try tapping the shift keys firmly and see if it goes away I cant use the left shift key on mine or it gets a bit goofy, but tapping on it fixes it (until I use it again- DOH!)

on a Mate, no idea, the membrane keyboards dont usually go bad by 'sticking', they usually just dont read keystrokes.

remember your coiled keyboard cable on these unplugs from the screen too- might be a connection issue there- bought mine in '89, only ever unplugged it once to dissasemble and clean- the fans on these things really cake them up with dust...suggest if taking apart to clean, remove the disk drives(or carefully cover them) before blowing out, I blew dust into one drive and had to take the diskdrive apart to clean it- not fun...

when copying files on a pig, the command is 'remove'... 'save' will store the current running software to the designated floppy, but if you want to copy a file called 'abc' on drive 0 to a blank disk in drive 1, put the new disk in 1, at r3 type "DINT 1" answer any prompts, then hit NL to get command line again, then type "remove 0:abc 1:" and it will copy that file over (its been a while, but 99% sure thats the sequence)

funny, when we bought our P-G MarkII in 1989, we got all the software except DIE-II, and it cost almost $35,000.00, list price on the little 'mate' was about 15k without software... times sure have changed...these things were really built though- mine still works great, just the red drive on the CRT is fading...my 'mate has a lot of dead pixels on the plasma screen, but it still works otherwise, sure would be nice if they had a harddrive, I must have literally 500 floppy disks for the goofy things...

if you are using it for ladder work, waaaaaaay back I found how to transfer from the pig to ibm and back, just need a ASCII text editor to add some percent delimiters in your IBM files...we only had our pig a year or so when we got fladder for ibm, and fanuc wasnt very helpful on how to migrate over, if i recall right, we showed them how to do it...if you need info on that, let me know- I use a antique version of procomm to move files back and forth from the pig to the fladder...fladder ibm still wont work on a Zero-A...this was mentioned way earlier in this thread- my version 1.0 fladder wont do chip 011/012, so I still gotta use a pig to burn the zero a chips- maybe later versions work, but not mine I'd originally thought it needed a new data disk, but was told in here it just needed 011/012 instead of 0e1/0e2, but it wont accept it on the ibm- bummer.

Last edited by tc429; 12-06-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

FANUC finally did include instructions in the appendix of the FAPT Ladder for IBM manual on how to transfer a text file between a PG system and the IBM system. It may have been based on your instruction to them. Involves MODE and IO commands to to match up the communications settings.

As for ROM chip loc. 011/012, they never did put that capability in the IBM Ladder SW. They only claimed that the IBM Ladder worked for the 0-C/0-D; however, the 0-B PMC-M used the same addressing so you could get by using the IBM ladder on the 0-B, as well.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

tc429: are you talking about the yellow Fanuc box with FAPT PG System? I loved that thing back in 1988 with the FAPT Tracer.

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah, we bought a lot of little yellow boxes from General Numeric back in the day...I never got into the CAM side of it, our programmer used it for just a little bit, then we got into 5 axis and they bought mastercam or something- mostly because back then FAPT DIE-II was over 30k just for the diskettes! I remember before the pig, we had a NOVA-4/COMPACTII CAM- used 8" diskettes, and a DecWriter typewriter instead of a monitor

its amazing how the technology has evolved...I did like the simple reliable old stuff, but stuff like programming a R-C robot was a bit 'fun'

Downloads
    Uploads

hi tc429
    i've clean pcb, exchange keyboard, invert static and dynamic ram => always the same problem
    can you send (and sell me) the 3,5" fapt doctor diskette
    its for a pg mkII, and my customer use this machine only for NC programming

Regards
    Hervé

Downloads
    Uploads

where is it?

Downloads
    Uploads

This reminds me I need to work on the program that resides on my A06B-0094-C103 cassette on the 15MA.

Supposedly its in Pascal + the 128k.

It runs "ok" but could use some cleaning up editing.

The 10TF cassette needs to be written too. I have the basic ladder on paper.

Can a parameter file be loaded from TXT?