Drip feeding DNC to Fanuc 6M - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drip feeding DNC to Fanuc 6M

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Although we don't sell BTRs directly, we are the originator of CNC memory upgrades and have a competitive price. The next generation will have a USB connector for added features.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Hi Camfather,
    Notwithstanding that your machine has a Tape Mode, and this is normally sufficient with a Fanuc Control to be able to DNC (Drip Feed), this is NOT the case with the Series 6. You will require a BTR for DNC applications.

To be able to DNC to the control, you will need a BTR (Behind Tape Reader) fitted. There are quite a few manufacturers of these, but the one I find very reliable is one made here in Australia. They are extremely easy to install, requiring only a Phillip's Head srewdriver, (or Plus Driver, as my Japanese colleagues refer to them as; they call Plain screw drivers Minus Drivers. Makes sense really), and a few minutes of time for the installation.

Attachment 151936

The attached picture picture shows a BTR installed on a Fanuc 5T control. The Rainbow cable in this installation connected to a PC, the components of which were mounted inside the control enclosure. This PC was then connected to a LAN. The monitor and keyboard were mounted conveniently for the operator and with the control being under DNC for all Auto Programming operations. As the Fanuc 5T control has no monitor, this method allowed the operator to veiw the progress of the program in real time via software I wrote for this installation. See attached picture.

Attachment 151935

Instead of having a dedicated PC, a remote PC can be connected to the DB9 plug shown connected to the Rainbow cable in the attached picture.

If you still want to DNC to the control and want further information on the device I use, send your email address via PM and I'll send you all the information I have.

Regards,

Bill
    Hi Bill,
    I have same problem with drip freding to fanuc 6MA on a Mazak machine, the machine is equipped with tape reader and Rs232 port, in the parameters i can see RMT mod
    But still can not drip feed, need to know more about your solution and how to use it to drip feed
    Regards
    Sting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12