Need Help! hardinge cobra 42 fanuc 21i control

Thread: hardinge cobra 42 fanuc 21i control

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy hardinge cobra 42 fanuc 21i control

Machine is new has 2 hours runtime on it. I can't get programs in or out using the card / adapter or computer. I have looked the parameters over and all seem good. it acts like nothing is there computer or card. I have the cable wire 9 pin to a 25 pin 2 to 2 3 to 3 5 to 7 jumper on 25 pin end 6,8,20 cable works on all my other machines. Anyone out there with any clues on this one? What could it be?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you changed the I/O device on the settings page to 4 for the card or 0 (or 1) for the RS232 port?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default hardinge cobra 42

yes, I changed it when using the card and computer. The book says for the card use 4 in some places and 3 in others. Neither works. When using the computer use 0 no luck with it either. It has to be something easy and stupid I'm doing..

Thanks

KW

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by waybriks View Post
    Machine is new has 2 hours runtime on it. I can't get programs in or out using the card / adapter or computer. I have looked the parameters over and all seem good. it acts like nothing is there computer or card. I have the cable wire 9 pin to a 25 pin 2 to 2 3 to 3 5 to 7 jumper on 25 pin end 6,8,20 cable works on all my other machines. Anyone out there with any clues on this one? What could it be?
    Are all your other machines Fanucs?

Does OUTPUT blink in the lower right of the CRT when you PUNCH from the machine?

You should have pins 4 and 5 jumped together on the CNC end also.

If all else fails, go to Radio Shack or Fry's and get a ~$14 RS232 tester to check for activity on pins 2 and 3.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

othgers are fanucs cable works on all of them. I do have 4 & 5 jumped on the cnc end. output light blinks. I'm going for the tester. I will let you know the next developement
    thanks

KW

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

got it running, problem was in the parameters that are common to all output / input devices.