Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: G76 Threading cycle

  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default G76 Threading cycle

    I've been perusing a peter smid book on cnc programming.

    Currently I'm using a G92 threading cycle to look like:
    Code:
    N620T0404
    N630G97S300M03
    N640G00X5.174Z0.77
    N650G92X4.828Z-4.360I-0.430F0.2501
    N660X4.818
    N670X4.788
    N680X4.758M08
    N690X4.728
    N700X4.698
    N710X4.664
    N720X4.634
    N730X4.614
    N740X4.594
    N750X4.584
    N760X4.574M09
    N770G00Z14.0
    And I'm trying to make it into the allegedly superior G76 function.

    I'm cutting API 60 threads, 4 TPI 2TFP 0.121 final thread depth

    So far I've got it to

    Code:
    G97S350M03
    T0400
    G00 X5.174 Z0.77 T0404 M08
    G76 X4.828 Z-4.360 I-0.430 K0.121 D0140 A60 P2 E0.250
    I'm almost certain the "D" is wrong, and I'm still currently missing the "X" value for it to calculate the first thread diameter.

    The book ive been referencing is located at Link

    at page 352ish.


    Just looking for some help as I have no idea where I find what I want those values to be. I believe my control is a Fanuc 0i

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Registered dcoupar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2679
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noshibby View Post
    I've been perusing a peter smid book on cnc programming.

    Currently I'm using a G92 threading cycle to look like:
    Code:
    N620T0404
    N630G97S300M03
    N640G00X5.174Z0.77
    N650G92X4.828Z-4.360I-0.430F0.2501
    N660X4.818
    N670X4.788
    N680X4.758M08
    N690X4.728
    N700X4.698
    N710X4.664
    N720X4.634
    N730X4.614
    N740X4.594
    N750X4.584
    N760X4.574M09
    N770G00Z14.0
    And I'm trying to make it into the allegedly superior G76 function.

    I'm cutting API 60 threads, 4 TPI 2TFP 0.121 final thread depth

    So far I've got it to

    Code:
    G97S350M03
    T0400
    G00 X5.174 Z0.77 T0404 M08
    G76 X4.828 Z-4.360 I-0.430 K0.121 D0140 A60 P2 E0.250
    I'm almost certain the "D" is wrong, and I'm still currently missing the "X" value for it to calculate the first thread diameter.

    The book ive been referencing is located at Link

    at page 352ish.

    Just looking for some help as I have no idea where I find what I want those values to be. I believe my control is a Fanuc 0i
    Noshibby,

    First, I've never cut API threads, so...

    If X4.574 worked in your G92 cycle it should work in your G76 cycle.

    G76 X4.574 Z-4.360 I-0.430 K0.121 D0140 A60 P2 E0.250

    4.574 + 0.121 + 0.121 = Dia 1st pass (0.014) is calculated from, so if I'm not mistaken your first pass target X will be X4.778.



  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    india
    Posts
    1285
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Are you sure one-line G76 applies to your machine?



  4. #4
    Registered dcoupar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2679
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    Are you sure one-line G76 applies to your machine?
    If it doesn't you can change the highlighted setting to enable one-line cycles.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -0i-setting-tape-format-jpg  


  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    4996
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    And don't forget, there are A,B,C type canned cycles. Found that one out trying to use a canned cycle and watching the machine turn in to metric.



  6. #6
    Registered dcoupar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2679
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    And don't forget, there are A,B,C type canned cycles. Found that one out trying to use a canned cycle and watching the machine turn in to metric.
    I'm assuming since his G92 is cutting a thread and not performing a coordinate system preset, he's got G-Code System A



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum from DIY CNC Machines to the Cad/Cam software to run them. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on

Facebook Dribbble RSS Feed