Need Help! TOOL CHANGE NOT WORKING

Thread: TOOL CHANGE NOT WORKING

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face TOOL CHANGE NOT WORKING

Dear Friends

(MACHINE: MORI SEIKI-VMC-FANUC OMD)
    In my machine alarm 901 appeared few days back, found its memory card defective same got repaired & reloaded the data. Everything is running ok except tool cycle.
    I Redownloaded MACRO PROG. 9020 prog but I dont know how it got corrupted. Here it is...
    &HE:%
    :9020(CAMBIO UTENSILE)
    WHILE[#11GT0]DO1
    G90YY[#25+#18*SIN[#1]]
    #3=#4003
    G28G91Z0M5
    T#4120
    M6
    G#3
    M99

I am sure above prog need some little correction. Pl suggest me how to correct it.
    Any help will be a great help .
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by rajesh_1355; 07-09-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why dont u try by just Txx M6 code.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by suman View Post
    Why dont u try by just Txx M6 code.
    M6 on his machine probably calls macro O9020, which appears to be incomplete.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rajesh_1355 View Post
    Dear Friends

(MACHINE: MORI SEIKI-VMC-FANUC OMD)
    In my machine alarm 901 appeared few days back, found its memory card defective same got repaired & reloaded the data. Everything is running ok except tool cycle.
    I Redownloaded MACRO PROG. 9020 prog but I dont know how it got corrupted. Here it is...
    &HE:%
    WHILE[#11GT0]DO1 <------------- No matching END1 block
    G90YY[#25+#18*SIN[#1]] <------ Double address YY
    #3=#4003
    G28G91Z0M5
    T#4120
    M6
    G#3
    M99

I am sure above prog need some little correction. Pl suggest me how to correct it.
    Any help will be a great help .
    Thanks
    Where did you download this macro from? It appears to be missing some blocks and has errors (see comments <---)

Downloads
    Uploads

If it is a mori with a 0m, you don't need a macro for atc. Someone has probably installed a macro assigned to m6. That was a common thing for people to do way back, if you called the tool that was in the spindle for a tool change, the machine would alarm out. There was a keep relay to do the same thing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Where did you download this macro from? It appears to be missing some blocks and has errors (see comments <---)
    Dear I downloaded it from machine when in good condition. I don't know how it got corrupted. Pl suggest some remedy to run the cycle. Its Mori Seiki Fanuc OMC machine.

Do u have detail of Micros.
    Pl send.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you post your program here? Especially the tool change section.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Sir,
    I tried many combination suggested in this forum for tool change prog 9020 but could not success-ed. Actually this machine is MORI SEIKI - MV 40 S WITH FANUC OMC. I tried to understand the ladder but it is too complicated. In the ladder for tool calling D 3265 bit is used which normally does not shown in ladder unless u make bit 64. 3 / 4 high. As soon as Txx command executed. Machine shows alarm EX 201 Tool data error ( like ).

Any suggestion will be very helpful.

Regards.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We are going to use program 9020 since this is what you have. First thing you are going to have to do is make sure that parameter 230 is set to 6 as this will call program 9020 when you program an M6.

Now since your program was corrupted I am only going to use what I think you will need and how I would write it.

#3=#4003
    G28G91Z0M5
    T#4120
    M6
    G#3
    M99

This is just a basic tool change. You are setting your modal G90/G91 to #3 then sending the machine to Z0, calling your modal T() then the M6 to change the tool, finally setting your G90/G91 back to its original state.

I always like to skip the tool call if you are calling the tool that is already in the spindle. You would need to see if the MTB set up a system variable that tracks the tool in the spindle or you have to set a common variable up to do this. Let me know if you want this and we can add it.

Stevo

Downloads
    Uploads

Or just set parameter 230 to 0 and use the factory embedded macro...
    All mori's use an M6 that is embeded. Someone added that macro, not the factory. As long as z is at home, M6 will do a tool change when M6 is commanded. The ONLY time i've seen factory macros in the 9000 series, was for APC( pallet change) spec, and a couple for probing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is another solution. Someone wrote the macro for that machine for a reason I would think. I had many machines that had the embedded macros but would not work unless Z0 was positioned before the tool change which was a PITA for some guys to remember. I also had machines that would alarm out if you were calling the current tool in the spindle. The custom macros came in handy to avoid any of these issues.

Stevo

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree. Mori did use a keep relay just for the tool in spindle. It would just ignore and move on. The Z0 was no easy solution other than a macro.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Z0 is one of the main reasons I like to have the macro. Many years ago I had setup a MT and I always have Z0 as the table face and an operator programmed Z0 thinking it would send it to tool change position but instead it sent it to the table with no tool offset instated. This was before I finished the tool change macro.

I do the macro for many other reasons such as instating the tool offset via G43 along with calling a speed and feed program that sets that as well. This saves all the code in the main program like G43H() and S()F() that has to be programmed at every tool change/operation. It helps KISS

Stevo

Downloads
    Uploads

Agree. Our macros are quite simple, and he could just re-write 9020
    typical
    O9020
    g0g91g28z0
    m6
    m99

or something simple like that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    We are going to use program 9020 since this is what you have. First thing you are going to have to do is make sure that parameter 230 is set to 6 as this will call program 9020 when you program an M6.

Now since your program was corrupted I am only going to use what I think you will need and how I would write it.

#3=#4003
    G28G91Z0M5
    T#4120
    M6
    G#3
    M99

This is just a basic tool change. You are setting your modal G90/G91 to #3 then sending the machine to Z0, calling your modal T() then the M6 to change the tool, finally setting your G90/G91 back to its original state.

I always like to skip the tool call if you are calling the tool that is already in the spindle. You would need to see if the MTB set up a system variable that tracks the tool in the spindle or you have to set a common variable up to do this. Let me know if you want this and we can add it.

Stevo
    sir, what I feel 9020 is not a problem.
    I hv tried all possible combination of 9020. Above one also.
    As soon as machine read Txx code it shows Alarm 201 & Magzine does not rotate.
    May be some Tool data to be write at any Keep Relays.

I am trying to get the solution pl help if any other opinion

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are you typing in on the control to do a tool change? Are you typing in M6T()?? It may be that #4120 modal T is not being set.

Alarm number 201 is an odd alarm to have. Is it a PS alarm? Does it have a description when the alarm comes up? 201 according to the Om manual is for feedrate not found in rigid tap mode.

Can you just trying doing a precall in MDI like T() and see if it will preload the tool.

Stevo

Downloads
    Uploads

EX201? how about a description of the alarm. Tool call to ignore the spindle tool if the same tool is called is a keep relay. No need to write a macro just for that. The keep realys are listed in the back of the Ladder book.