3dprintforums logo

CNCzone Network:  RFQwork :: 3Dprintforums :: Welderzone :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Twitter :: SiteMap

Thread: Tool change without ATC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tool change without ATC

Hello,

I have a Mori Seiki with Fanuc 18i-MA, with store and ATC. With 200 position tool table.

Now i'd like to use a new tool (registered in the tool table as T100), and i don't want to put it in the internal store, but to charge it by hand.

with the instruction T0M106 I store the current toll, now I can put the new tool, but how can I "say" to the CNC wich is the new tool charged? on the screen there's still T0.

I tried to write the H and D and it works, but I can't mesure it and store in the tool table.

I analysed the M106 macro:

M9
    G8P0
    #3=#4003
    G90G10L50
    N4077R360P1
    G11
    S10M3
    G4X1.1
    G91G28Z0
    G0G90G53X-790Y-415.
    T#4120
    M6
    G#3
    G49
    M99

But the "update" of the T in the spindle happens at the M6 line.

someone could help me?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the machines ATC not allow you to exchange to a vacant tool position? I would do this, then load the tool via the spindle. The H and D do not have to agree with the T.

DP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats a weird Macro someone wrote. To empty the spindle on a Mori, all you need to do is call M33. That will make the spindle tool zero. There is no way I know of unless you assign the tool number to the ATC registry (pot) to get it to display the tool number. Should still work with the H and D code you want though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the value in #4003?

I have a 18i-MA too and can change tools with and without the ATC. Requires turning the carousel off. An M code and 9000 program run the nonATC (manual) tool change. I can also swap tools with another, it will pick up whatever tool I call.. grab it with the arm.. spin around.. and instead of
    placing it in the spindle it will put it in any pot number I reassign it, as long as it's empty (or can be emptied).

200 tools is an option.

That macro, well.. never seen one like that. I have a library of 50 or so CAT40 tools of different types and sizes but this carousel has less than 30 pots.