Fanuc 16i MA, COM interface

Thread: Fanuc 16i MA, COM interface

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Fanuc 16i MA, COM interface

Hello,
    have Fanuc machines connected directly with computer via serial cable RS232 (COM port). I would like to write my own windows program to be able monitor the machine (error state, timeouts, etc. )
    Does anybody has any experience in this area? I believe there has to be an interface for communication between PC and Fanuc machines via COM port, but I have no idea where to search for it

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    com ports are not usefull for machine monitoring.
    in a limited way how you can send info through the comport is by using DPRINT command from part program.

the best method to monitor the cnc status regardless of control activity is via the ethernet port (dedicated hardware), then using focas1 software (driver software) to write your own aplication.

have fun.

norbert

Downloads
    Uploads

The iA series does have some communication capabilities for monitoring purposes but I don't know much about it. I think that you have to use the PMC interface and/or focas1.