Fanuc AIF01A I/O on a 18i-MB ?

Thread: Fanuc AIF01A I/O on a 18i-MB ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc AIF01A I/O on a 18i-MB ?

Hi,

I tried to connect a Fanuc A03B-0807-C011 AIF01A PLC I/O interface module
    to my 18i-MB (JD44A to JD1B) to use digital I/O module for the power cabinet functions and I/O panel.
    But the I/O-Link LED on the module doesn't come up. I replaced the AIF01A module but still no action.

I wonder if there is something special to take care of like entering addresses, performing an initialization process or whatever else.

In my understanding, the CNC should be able to connect to any I/O-link device, right ?

Thanks
    Uli

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You certainly can connect the I/O Model A rack to a CNC that supports I/O Link. However, you need to make a declaration in the PMC Ladder I/O section to assign each I/O module a Group, Base, Slot and other I/O information.

Other pitfalls are connecting up to the wrong I/O Link connnector. It should be JD1A of the CNC to JD1B of Device 1. JD1A of Device 1 to JD1B of Device 2. etc.

The third reason for most I/O Link communication failures is due to an incorrect I/O link cable. There are many cables used with the newer FANUC controls that use the PCR connectors at both ends; however, the wiring is not necessarily going to be the same. You must have an I/O link cable that is correct for interconnection of two I/O link devices.

Since you have not configured your I/O in the ladder, that's the first place to start.

Last edited by cnc2149; 04-06-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi cnc2149,

thanks for your answer. Assignment of the modules in the PMC I/O section was the key.
    My fault was that I stopped on an ER97 I got each time I looked into the PMC. And I did not recognize that the AIF01A is switched off if module assignment does not fit the reality.
    So I unchecked K906.2, the error disappeared and I coninued to assign the modules.
    Just for whoever steps into the same problem: When I/O assignment is completed you'll be asked whether you want to save this information. Of course you do, but it does not become active unless the system is rebooted.

Thanks again
    Uli

Downloads
    Uploads

Please see this thread I started:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...i_o_units.html

On my 18i-MA, I need to figure out how to wire the new limit switches for X and Y. The X limits has always been the worst two switches on this machine. Y has been ok.

I was told to wire them in series.

The home position switches & sensors are all ok. The soft limits usally work great.

Greg