Newbie DNC, drip feed, remot, not working 0m-a

Thread: DNC, drip feed, remot, not working 0m-a

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DNC, drip feed, remot, not working 0m-a

my remot button has stopped working or I'm doing something wrong.

usually I just hit the remote button in midi mode and it lights up. then I hit the cycle start button and LSK starts flashing, hit transmit on the laptop transfer prog and away it goes drip feeding.

I was drip feeding and hit the cancel button on the laptop transfer software which shut off the stream of code. the fanuc control locked up. non of the buttons were working, and the auto was still up and the LSK was flashing away waiting for input. since non of the buttons were working I turned off the control waited a few sec's and rebooted. the control seems fine but the remot button wont com on now.

I have tried auto and manual ref point returns but no go. I can still send programs to the controls memory and run them but just can tget the remot to work.

any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

mines got to be in 'auto' for DNC to work. turning off during input (lsk blinking) sometimes will cause a 101 alarm, and require clearing part program storage (but NOT a all clear- just a delete only at boot wipes the part programs- be sure you have any 8~9000 protected programs backed up)

even a 101 alarm shouldnt prevent DNC for any reason I can think of though...

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have a direct auto button but there is a link drawn between the remot and midi buttons. I tried the mem and edit buttons but I still can't get any action out of the remot button which is unusual.

Downloads
    Uploads

look into your ladder and find a combination of signals which force the G127.5 (DNCI) bit. this bit enables the dreep feeding mode. you may watch your ladder on paper only, not on the screen.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks guhl, I just wish I had a copy of my ladder.

this problem turned out to be on the computer side, it must have been locking the rts line or something for the hand shaking. the drip feed was working again for a week then I killed it again.

now I think it is related to the zero return. I loaded my parameters over the top of the current ones and had a zero return error on all the axis. x and z found home without an issue but Y was lost. I ended up using parameter 22.1 (guessing that is the Y bit) to force the reference point.

now my 739 and 741 parameters are what they used to be but 740 the y parameter is different. I'm guessing that for auto mode or drip feeding it needs to use the absolute counters and the Y position is off.