Fanuc 18i-TB Batteries

Thread: Fanuc 18i-TB Batteries

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 18i-TB Batteries

Hi Guys

I have had an APC alarm that states I need to replace back up batteries for X Y Z C an B axis!!
    I looked around in the back cabinet of the 2006 Doosan 2000SY an found the X an Z battery packs rite on the servo amps. they look to be a pack of 4 batteries with a little plug.
    Looking on the other servo Amps I can not see any type of batteries on them, where could these C Y an B axis batteries be??
    Also How many batteries are on this 2006 Doosan 2000sy with Fanuc 18-TB control??? I should just replace all of them at once!.

Thanks for you help guys

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

may be your others axis don't use absolute pulse codeur, check parameter 1815#4 (1= absolute pc)
    if 1, follow the wire on the servo amplifier ....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you have a small battery pack with 4 cells, they are likely alkaline instead of lithium. FANUC changed over from the dual cell lithiums to the 4-cell alkalines a few years ago due to government regulations on air transport of lithium.

The FANUC PN of the 4-cell alkaline pack is A98L-0031-0025. Each cell looks like a shortened version of a AA battery. Parameter 1815 bit 5 (APC) determines if you have selected that a particular axis will use battery backup. If an axis has this bit set to 1, then you would have to see a battery pack or a cable that goes to an external battery pack connected to the front of the amplifier at the battery connection on the front of the amplifier (the marking varies). The external battery pack is usually a black plastic square box with 4 D-cells. One external battery pack can support multiple amplifiers.

With your situation, I'm guessing that you have a battery pack connected to an alpha i amplifier and then the CXA2A/CXA2B cable routes the battery signal to the other drive (along with other signals). So the dedicated battery connector of some of the amps have nothing on it.

So, I'd replace the cells you can find and re-establish the zeros.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have just replaced the batteries an now need to re-estabish the home on 4 axis X Z B and Y on a Doosan 2000sy 6 axis lathe. Could someone please point me in the rite dierection on how to do this.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

My X & Y axis battery on my 18iMA went early this year, so I just ordered one off eBay. Been working fine since. I have not had problems with batteries on my other machines.