Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed

Hi!
    Have read about that 10M controls sometimes used the 3M "pc", and couldn't drip feed - and sometimes used 6M "pc" and were able to it.
    How could i see if it's possible?

I have a 3M-C control and are thinking of invest in dripfeed eproms, but are maybe also able to buy a 10M control to "decent" price but dont know wich is best...
    The 10M control have G54 - G59, visible comments, spare M-codes etc that the 3M doesn't have, but if it's not possible to dripfeed.... and there isn't any eproms to get for it...

The system says:
    AO2B-0072-B5OI (or B501 maybe)
    No 2623 1985-04

Masterboard:
    A16B-1010-0040/07D (with "pc cassette B")

Anybody have info about this?

Similar Threads:
    Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nobody with this 10M info? =(
    The machine is not connected so i can't test anything...

I belive that this has to do with miss of "parallel tape reader port"...?
    DNC should still maybe be able to do with the "serial port"....

How can i see if that is possible?

Thanks in advance!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have been in contact with a dnc-chip manufacturer (for 3m) and they state that all 10M controls can dripfeed, and that even most 6M controls, that is older should be able to do it. This because of that the "bad" Eproms / Software chips in 3M isn't used in newer controls.
    Finds this strange and maybe not reliable because of earlier information (from i believe Dan Fritz) about that NOT all 10M are able to dripfeed....

The question is how to check if it's possible without be able to testrun the control....

Not anyone with knowledge about this!?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have not implemented DNC on the 10, however the RS232 manual for the 10 shows par 0020 enter 10 for remote (DNC), but it is rather cryptic??
    I can send a copy of the manual if you send me a email add via PM.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The 10M may or may not support drip feed. It depends on what interface you have (3MI or BMI) and also the vintage of the executive software. The documentation is confusing because the Descriptions Manual says that 'tape operation cannot be executed for the 10-MA with the 3M interface'. However the Connection Manual indicated that it is supported.

I did a job in 1996 on a 10MA Analog (1020 SW) where I added the DNCI PMC bit (G12.3) to their 3MI compatible ladder and when we attempted to run drip feed, it would result in START REJECTED. I asked FANUC about it and they said it was a level up feature in the 10M that was added later on. I had to install Series 1021 SW to allow it to work. Your SW may be different based on the CRT type and whether yours supports analog or digital servos. Par 2001 bit 5 (MIC) = 1 would indicate you have the 3M interface.

If you have the BMI interface (par 2001.5 = 0 and the PMC Option enabled), then it should work no matter which SW and servos are present. For BMI, it's a matter of setting the TAPE mode interface bit (G3.4) in the PMC Ladder.

As far as your par 0020 goes, just use the same settings you use for normal RS232 loading into memory.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much for all your info!
    Now i have some checking to do and i hope they have a parameter backup.
    Also "SW", is that SoftWare?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I'll often use SW or S/W for Software. The Software Series is the 4 digits that exist on the top row of the EPROM chip (e.g. 1020). The 2nd row contains the socket location and the Edition of the software.

If the chip label had first row = 1020 and 2nd row = 001E,
    the Series is 1020 and the socket location is 001 and the Edition is E.

In one CNC control, you'll have multiple chips with the same series but different socket locations. The Series and Edition are actually displayed briefly on the CRT during the power up sequence. Otherwise, you stick your head in the CNC cabinet and obtain this info directly from the EPROM (which is mounted on the master board or on a ROM/RAM board, depending on configuration).

You can also have other series of chips in the CNC for other functions (Servo, Graphics, etc) so they won't apply to your specific case here.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am not really clear here, i also have a Fanuc 10MA with software 1016 para. 2001.5=1
    Can it be possible to dripfeed this control???

I have been after this info. for 7 yrs.!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-fanuc-10m-mother-board-012-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-imgp0783-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

FANUC uses several different software series for the 10M CNC control. I only know the situation of 1020 and 1021 that I encountered. You'll have to check with FANUC to confirm if your 1016 software supports drip feed (DNCI bit in the 3MI PMC).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The control i mention also have the 1016 software! Parameter 2001 says +1 according to a printed parameterlist. Seems that our controls is similar mroy0404!
    Have you maybe contacted Fanuc or got any more info from another source?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnc2149 View Post
    The 10M may or may not support drip feed. It depends on what interface you have (3MI or BMI) and also the vintage of the executive software.....
    .... Par 2001 bit 5 (MIC) = 1 would indicate you have the 3M interface...

...If you have the BMI interface (par 2001.5 = 0 and the PMC Option enabled), then it should work no matter which SW and servos are present. For BMI, it's a matter of setting the TAPE mode interface bit (G3.4) in the PMC Ladder.

As far as your par 0020 goes, just use the same settings you use for normal RS232 loading into memory.
    Hi again cnc2149!

I have now the machine running temporary, and test it before it moves to my home. I've now can see that par 2001.5 = 0, and then i should have the BMI interface! This would, as i understand mean that i will be able to dripfeed with "PMC Option enabled"..?
    I can do normal RS232 loading into memory!

How should i proceed to do this? How do i check / change "TAPE mode interface bit (G3.4) in the PMC Ladder"?
    I've been told that i cant change anything in ladder...

Thanks in advance!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is true that you cannot edit the ladder in the Series 10 control without additional equipment. In order to verify the modes, you can go to the PCDGN page in the PMC side.

G0003

bit 0 = Step
    bit 1 = Handle
    bit 2 = Jog
    bit 3 = MDI
    bit 4 = Tape
    bit 5 = Memory
    bit 6 = Edit

As you rotate through all the modes, you should see the appropriate bit turn on. If you don't see any obvious way of selecting TAPE, then back out of that page and select PCLAD. You are searching for a coil labeled G0003.4. If it is in the code, it is probably near the other coils for Jog, Edit, Memory, etc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much "cnc2149" for this info! I will check this as soon as possible.

If i'm not able to get into tape mode, is it then impossible to dripfeed with this software?

Since you seems to have great 10M knowledge, i take the opportunity to ask a few more questions...

I've read that parameter write enable has to be ON, to send / see 9000 option parameters. I can both send out and see Param 9000-9002 and 9100-9131 without pwe on!? Am i missing something, i want to do a complete backup!?

I am also going to mount a ordinary permanent milling table on this machine, instead of the two pallets. Are therefore also hoping to be able to use those M-codes (M61 - M63) to instead signal my indexer (stand-alone control).
    I think i can manage it with some work on switches and electronics but is it otherwise also possible to "customize" these M-codes?

Thanks in advance!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No tape mode when i rotate through the modes and i cant find any G0003.4 in PCLAD.
    Am i out of luck?

I did find G003.4 on several places, but that's not the same i suppose!?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, G003.4 is the same thing. It will represent the TAPE mode when it is active. If your machine originally came with a tape reader, it is the mode that would be selected when you read a part program tape.

Some machines use a rotary switch to select modes and others use pushbuttons. If you find the TAPE mode selection that energizes G003.4, then you are in the proper mode.

you would connect your computer to the CNC and have the correct port assignment parameters. Pressing Cycle Start will allow the CNC to begin reading the serial port. In this case you would have a computer connected to the CNC RS232 port instead of using the tape reader.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swemill -

Post #11 indicates that 2001 bit 5 = 0 (BMI) however, I see in your attached screen shot that par 2001 bit 5 = 0. Your machine does not have BMI but actually has the 3MI ladder interface.

In order to DNC, you'd need to be in Memory mode and then somehow activate G012.3 (DNCI bit) in the PMC. You should look at PCLAD and see if it has G012.3 in the ladder.

You would probably have to contact FANUC to confirm if your software series/edition (1016) supports the DNCI operation since it was a feature that was added in level up software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your info again, but no no! The screen shot isn't mine and i have param 2001 bit 5 = 0 = BMI (as my earlier post)!

Or how was it...? Now i'm confused! In you're latest post you say:
    "screen shot that par 2001 bit 5 = 0. Your machine does not have BMI but actually has the 3MI ladder interface."

I believe you meant if bit 5 = 1, it has NOT BMI!?

I will check if i can find a switch, or button that activate "tape mode". Perhaps some switch at the tape reader in the cabin?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

swemill

The screen shot I saw was from mroy0404 not from you -- my mistake. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, 2001.5 = 1 means FS3/FS6 interface. If this bit is 0, then you have BMI interface. It will support Tape/DNC operation if the G003.4 coil is active (logic 1).

Downloads
    Uploads

I can not find any G003.4 in the parameters anywhere, I have a tape reader installed on this machine. Will this mean it should be able to DNC??

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-tape-reader-001-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-tape-reader-002-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-tape-reader-003-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-tape-reader-004-jpg  

Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-tape-reader-005-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, you should be able to DNC on this machine. Just do whatever you normally do to run off the tape reader. You would potentially have to adjust some parameters, which we can go into later, but you should see TAPE in the Status line of the CRT display when you attempt to run the tape reader. Please confirm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast