Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed

This is an old thread but it helped me so I will add my success.

I have a Kitamura MyCenter1 with a Fanuc 10M and no Tape Mode selector switch.

From the advice on this thread, I found G003.4 in the pclad. It requires three switches. By trying different switches, I found that the operator panel key had to be in the locked position for the first switch to close. The next switch was closed by putting the mode switch to edit. The last one was a keep relay switch which turned out to be a parameter setting in the kprly screen. After changing the parameter 8000 PWE bit to 1, I was able to edit the keep relay parameter bit to enable tape mode!

I am now able to use drip feed, and also load files into memory depending on the key position on the control panel. I don't have to go in and edit the parameter to switch modes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mclausen,

Could you please tell us which keep relay you switched in order to get the tape mode to work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The keep relay was K001.1 (the second digit from the right of relay K001 was changed to 1)

Downloads
    Uploads

Mclausen

Thank you for adding how you got your tape mode to function. I will also add my results soon.

Downloads
    Uploads

McLausen,

Thank you for posting your success. It gives me hope. I know this thread is getting old (again) but I am still trying to get this working. I changed the parameter 8000 PWE bit to 1 and "ALM" flashes in the corner of the CRT display but it did allow me to change K001.1 to 1 (while in the alarm state). Then I could go back and change the 8000 PWE bit back to 0. Otherwise it won't let me clear the alarm :-( Still no TAPE mode however. It must be a different bit on my machine.

Putting the controller in MEMORY mode activates the first three of the addresses. The only one left to invoke TAPE mode is X001.4 The comment for that address is DNC-I
    Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-okuma-ladder-jpg
    If I could just flip that one bit I'd have it!

McLausen, how did you know to flip that particular bit? Was it in your MTB documentation? I can't seem to find X001.4 on my machine.

As usual, any suggestions, comments, or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

CNCturtle,

The alarm flashing is normal. It just lets you know you are in edit mode.
    The k001.1 appeared in my ladder for tape mode, that is how I knew it needed editing. It does not appear in your ladder, so it should not require editing.
    I'm not sure, but I think the X numbers relate to actual physical switches. The K number was a software switch.

You can try different switches with the ladder displayed. It should update in real time. Do you have a lock/ edit key on your control panel? I had to change this to "lock" to get Tape mode.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the response!

I'm glad to hear the alarm is normal. Indeed, after talking with Fanuc the X001.4 address corresponds to a pin on the I/O board. However, the pins are not physically labelled. I do have a lock/edit key and the ladder does update in real-time but the key doesn't change the X001.4 pin.

It looks like my task is to find that pin and change it's state. Unfortunately my machine documentation is a little patchy....literally. It was not well cared for and some of it is not readable. Additionally, some of it seems to not apply. For example, switch 12 (X001.3) is labelled "power isolation on." There is no such switch that I can find. Similarly, SW11 (X001.1) is labelled "air blow on" but there is no air blow switch. There is a photo of my control panel in a previous post for reference. It appears that SW13 (pin X001.4) was left unpopulated - which seems a little bizarre.

Any suggestions on how I might find that pin? I would gladly wire up a switch (or tap into the key switch) if I could only find that pin. I work at an electronics manufacturing facility so I have access to basically any test equipment you can imagine. Obviously I would need to be careful about applying 24V+ to random pins but I do know where some of the closest switches are. What are the odds that they would just be in a sequential order? I'm running out of ideas...

Downloads
    Uploads

Haha! I totally got it! I was so happy to see that G003.4 light up! I ended up using brute force and finding all of the ground pins, marking them, and putting 24V across the rest (one at a time of course). I found the pin that closed the switch on the ladder then just put a jumper between it and the memory lock switch. It works perfectly. I could not have done it without input from some of you. Thank you so much!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,
    I know is an old post but is related with drip feed so... I will ned your help and guidnes. I've read very carefully the previous posts and I will describe below all the information about my machine / issue.
    I own a Deckel Maho 3Axis mill with Fanuc 10M. The machine had in a past a device with 3 conectors: 1 x power supply, 1 x rj45 wire connected to start and stop buton on the console and one rj45 connected to machine serial port.Unfortuntly I do not have additional information about device installed but I just supose that was used for drip feed.
    Now after some investigation I found out that information from one manual to another is different and is getting confusing.
    Acording to line 2001(attached pic) machine is using FS3 interface and I've searched in ladder for G012.3 but I could not find any. The closest was G012.2 representing MD4 but I do not know what actualy means MD4.
    As additional information: PMC main board model A16B-1010-0040/12E with eprom version 1020(1020C on boot display). I attached also parameter from 20,21,22,23.

Now I'm asking you, what options do I have for a drip feed? An eprom upgrade?

I have a propper Programmer Dataman 48Pro2 (with a VPP range 0..26V/1A) so I can write some Eproms if somoane will asist me with the hex files.(user CNC2149 wrote that 1021version will allow drip feed).

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-param-2001-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-param20-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-rom-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-boot-vers-jpg  

Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-ladder-g012-2-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-laddermd4-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dghele View Post
    Hi guys,
    I know is an old post but is related with drip feed so... I will ned your help and guidnes. I've read very carefully the previous posts and I will describe below all the information about my machine / issue.
    I own a Deckel Maho 3Axis mill with Fanuc 10M. The machine had in a past a device with 3 conectors: 1 x power supply, 1 x rj45 wire connected to start and stop buton on the console and one rj45 connected to machine serial port.Unfortuntly I do not have additional information about device installed but I just supose that was used for drip feed.
    Now after some investigation I found out that information from one manual to another is different and is getting confusing.
    Acording to line 2001(attached pic) machine is using FS3 interface and I've searched in ladder for G012.3 but I could not find any. The closest was G012.2 representing MD4 but I do not know what actualy means MD4.
    As additional information: PMC main board model A16B-1010-0040/12E with eprom version 1020(1020C on boot display). I attached also parameter from 20,21,22,23.

Now I'm asking you, what options do I have for a drip feed? An eprom upgrade?

I have a propper Programmer Dataman 48Pro2 (with a VPP range 0..26V/1A) so I can write some Eproms if somoane will asist me with the hex files.(user CNC2149 wrote that 1021version will allow drip feed).

Thanks
    Any Help guys?? No one? At least somthing to start with.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Dghele,

The 10m is related to the 11m - does your machine have a "tape" mode on the mode selection switch? If it does than you should be able to drip feed. You will just need to determine the right parameters to connect the external serial line. I'm assuming that you have a serial port (probably under a cover) on the outside of the machine.

Cj

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cjfisher View Post
    Dghele,

The 10m is related to the 11m - does your machine have a "tape" mode on the mode selection switch? If it does than you should be able to drip feed. You will just need to determine the right parameters to connect the external serial line. I'm assuming that you have a serial port (probably under a cover) on the outside of the machine.

Cj
    Hi

My machine have a serial port and I can load and save programs but I can not enable drip feed function. I do not have TAPE mode and the machine is using FS3 interface. As far as I red till now on forums for FS3 interface drip mode is not via TAPE mode is different by enable G012.3 but the issue is that I can not find it in logic so.......here I'm stuck.
    If anyone knows how to enable the function for FS3, please ....
    In worst case scenario I should find a newer Eprom version and install it.
    Hope someone knows very well this control and finally will have an positive input.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

My machine have a serial port and I can load and save programs but I can not enable drip feed function. I do not have TAPE mode and the machine is using FS3 interface. As far as I red till now on forums for FS3 interface drip mode is not via TAPE mode is different by enable G012.3 but the issue is that I can not find it in logic so.......here I'm stuck.
    If anyone knows how to enable the function for FS3, please ....
    In worst case scenario I should find a newer Eprom version and install it.
    Hope someone knows very well this control and finally will have an positive input.
    I has a Fanuc 10m modal A control that was FS3, owned it for roughly 12 yrs and could never get it to drip feed. I tried everything, it pissed me off to the point of selling the machine and buying another wit a Fanuc 18i-MB control and life has been way better.
    My advice is, sell that piece of **** and buy another machine!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mroy0404 View Post
    I has a Fanuc 10m modal A control that was FS3, owned it for roughly 12 yrs and could never get it to drip feed. I tried everything, it pissed me off to the point of selling the machine and buying another wit a Fanuc 18i-MB control and life has been way better.
    My advice is, sell that piece of **** and buy another machine!
    CNC2149 wrote:

" I did a job in 1996 on a 10MA Analog (1020 SW) where I added the DNCI PMC bit (G12.3) to their 3MI compatible ladder and when we attempted to run drip feed, it would result in START REJECTED. I asked FANUC about it and they said it was a level up feature in the 10M that was added later on. I had to install Series 1021 SW to allow it to work. Your SW may be different based on the CRT type and whether yours supports analog or digital servos. Par 2001 bit 5 (MIC) = 1 would indicate you have the 3M interface. "

this is exacly my case but he is not active anymore so I just need to find the proper person to guide me.
    Selling is an option, probably the last

Thanks for advice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As an update: I manage to get Tape Mode on my 10M machine. Cassette ladder was modified by adding G12.3 and SW updated to 1021 SW to allow it to work.
    Maybe will help someone someday

Downloads
    Uploads

As an update: I manage to get Tape Mode on my 10M machine. Cassette ladder was modified by adding G12.3 and SW updated to 1021 SW to allow it to work.
    Maybe will help someone someday
    Hi,
    I have same problem would you tell me how did you made that?
    my SW is 1020
    sting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123