Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed

Downloads
    Uploads

I really not sure how to operate the tape reader, i did turn the switch from interface to tape an it had no effect on the display. It just shows (MEMORY) at all times. Do you know how to operate the tape reader?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm at the same problem as mroy0404. I also have a simular tapereader but i cant get into "tape mode" on the display.
    Have also tried with the "tape reader / ext. system" switch on the reader - together with different modes on the control, but no tape mode appears...

Could it be that it doesn't have to be in tapemode on screen, and still works with dripfeed?
    I have not been able to try more and "feed" the machine yet, because i still haven't got the cnc home, but you probably have mroy?

Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

swemill

mroy404 has the 3M interface and his control will not show TAPE mode. In his control, he would go to MEMORY mode and set the ladder G bit for DNCI. Pressing Cycle Start in that condition will cause the LSK to flash and attempt to read and execute from the serial port. It is very unusual for a Japanese machine with Series 10 CNC to use the BMI interface. Please list all 8 bits that you have in parameter 2001. Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks cnc2149, i'm very grateful for your help!

My parameter 2001 says:

P00001000

/Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnc2149 View Post
    swemill

mroy404 has the 3M interface and his control will not show TAPE mode. In his control, he would go to MEMORY mode and set the ladder G bit for DNCI. Pressing Cycle Start in that condition will cause the LSK to flash and attempt to read and execute from the serial port. It is very unusual for a Japanese machine with Series 10 CNC to use the BMI interface. Please list all 8 bits that you have in parameter 2001. Thanks.

My control has for Parameter 2001 = 0010 0000

Is it possible to change the machine interface?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-control-panel-001-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-fanuc-10m-cd-para-050-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-fanuc-10m-cd-para-107-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-fanuc-10m-cd-para-108-jpg  

Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-fanuc-10m-cd-para-109-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-fanuc-10m-cd-para-110-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-fanuc-10m-cd-para-111-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swemill

As you have said, paramete 2001 indicates you are running with the BMI interface. If you go to the PCDGN page and look at G003, do you see the bits turn to 1 for all the other mode selections (example, MDI, Edit, Jog, etc)?

Downloads
    Uploads

Swemill

As you have said, paramete 2001 indicates you are running with the BMI interface. If you go to the PCDGN page and look at G003, do you see the bits turn to 1 for all the other mode selections (example, MDI, Edit, Jog, etc)?
    When I go into PCDGN an rotate the mode seletor nothing changes in G0003 all bits remain in the 0000 0000. What gives with this control!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mroy404

It is not practical to change the machine interface (3M to BMI) as it would require significant reprogramming of your PMC Ladder software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swemill

Yes, all modes except "tape mode" were "selected". I dont really remember if it turned to 1, or were marked with 0 / (0) but they reacted and matched with your list!
    The machine is now disconnected / moved and waits for transportation to my place. Cant do more tests right now but soon i hope!

What does this above indicate?

Thanks!

/Swemill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have now the machine at home and it's running.

CNC2149, Please we need more help on this.... Nobody seems to know the 10M control and this problem!

Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

check your PM

Downloads
    Uploads

Swemill.

Could you please explain in more detail how you got you dripfeed to work with your Fanuc 10m. My control is very simular to yours. It also has noe tape mode switch!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mroy0404: Sorry, i don't have much skills about this and cnc2149 gave me great help about this but i maybe can help with something...

If i remember right our controls wasn't really the same but what does your
    G003.4 (tape mode coil) in PCLAD say?
    This is the coil that needs to go active to get tape mode.

I don't really know if this is allowed to discuss "open" on forum and i also believe that cnc2149 would be the right guy to help you!

Downloads
    Uploads

How would a guy get a Fanuc 10m into tape mode, my machine has a tape reader, but no tape mode switch??? Any suggestions would be great!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-tape-reader-005-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-tape-reader-004-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-tape-reader-003-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-control-panel-001-jpg  

Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-control-panel-002-jpg   Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-control-panel-003-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, the machine certainly has a tape reader! You'll need to keep looking for a switch, etc to use it. If you can search for the coil that swemill mentioned in the last post, you'll find the X input that activates it, provided you have BMI interface as he did. Other 10M controls used MEM mode combined with a DNCI bit.

That won't necessarily tell you where the switch is on your particular machine, but it is a start. Machine documentation, if you have any, should advise on how to invoke TAPE. Or someone else with this model of machine may chime in.

Downloads
    Uploads

swemill

My Parameter 2001 looks like this 00100000

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to post on an old thread but I have the exact same problem. I definitely have a tape reader and there is no obvious way to get into tape mode. Some of my documents say 10M-A but the board numbers, the presence of the RAM/ROM board, and red cap digital servos all suggest it's actually 10M-AD. The yellow cassette in the photo says "PC: BMI". It's an 1987 Okuma & Howa universal mill.

The printed ladder diagram shows a tape mode. If I'm reading it right it says I need MD1 (X009.0) on, MD2 (X009.1) and MD4 (X009.2) off, and SW13 (X001.4) on. In the data comment for SW13 it says "DNC-I". You'd think SW13 is a physical switch but I've gone over the machine inside and out and can't seem to find it... Is it possible there is a bit I need to flip somewhere?

In EDIT mode I can successfully READ a program (via DNC) and register it into the controller's tiny (~8K) memory then execute it in MEM - no problem. Naturally I'd like to execute larger files and ideally drip feed. That's where I'm hoping you guys will chime in...

Recommendations, suggestions, and comments are all welcome and appreciated.

Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-control-panel-jpg
    Fanuc 10M - Drip Feed-boards-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, you definitely do have a 10. I had a Okuma Howa Millac 3VA with the 10/11 in it, ran nicely. There's some threads I did on it here a long time ago. Let me know if I can help. I have a complete list of all the 10/11/12 series boards. Most of them start with A16B-1210, A16B-1211 and A16B-1212 and are metal frame cards like the used. Anyone have a list of board compatibility out there? I know some boards run across a few different series.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank You gbowne1. All indications are that it *should be possible to drip feed with this controller. However, it is still not apparent to me how to get into TAPE mode. I am going to play with more parameters today and see what I can learn. I do have the yellow Fanuc manuals but there isn't much in there for this case. In fact, there isn't much anywhere for this case . Drip feeding would open up a lot of possibilities for me so I'm going to keep trying...

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I'm officially stumped (for now). I played with parameters and just can't get into TAPE mode. On the diagnostic screen I can rotate the rotary switch and watch the bits flip; TEACH, EDIT, MEMORY, etc... There is a bit there for TAPE but I can't turn it on. It's like the little "t" for TAPE is there just to taunt me!

Any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast