Need Help! Acromax MX-16 FANUC 11m

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acromax MX-16 FANUC 11m

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Acromax MX-16 FANUC 11m

I had a BMU board go out on me today. I lost all the parameters in the machine. Does anybody know who can help me or actually have the parameters.
    Thanks
    Justin
    S. Mfg.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is the MTB still in business? They may have the parameters for you.

Stevo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the MTB?? Im not sure what or who that is.

Thanks Justin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

PS. The BMU board is the bubble memory board in case you guys didnt know that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

(MTB) Machine Tool Builder. Which in this case I would ass u me that it is Acromax.

Most MTB will keep the records of the original parameter and PMC data of each machine that they make and will usually give it to you if you call. You can also try looking in the power cabinet to see if they put a hard copy of this data for times like these. This is why it is very important to always make a full backup of the control when you first get it because this data gets lost or MTB's go out of business and you are stuck trying to find someone with the same make, model, and control to get some of this data from.

Stevo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh ok. I tried to look them up but they went out of business. The machine was basically handed to me. I backed up all my miyano's but not the acromax. Right now i cant find anyone that has this machine. Basically i have a ten thousand pound paper weight. Thanks again steve for trying to help me out.
    Thanks
    Justin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your welcome, sorry I could not be more helpful.

If you don't find anything here you may try over at the practical machinist forum.
    http://www.cnczone.com/vb/index.php

Good luck,
    Stevo

Downloads
    Uploads

are you sure it's the BMU? Unless you replaced it with an known good board, the problem could be elsewhere.
    Call me on Monday and we'll see if I can help you.
    289 389 6117
    Bill

Downloads
    Uploads

Was doing a search for this machine, and found your post. I know it's old, but I just got one of these machines. When I get it powered up, I can see if I can get you the parameters(if this is still relevant!!)-----------John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

John,
    i did get the parameters for this machine. Thanks alot tho.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, good. I'm going to bring mine "home" in a few days. The only thing wrong with it is a bad Z axis board. Trying to find a source for one, or someone that can repair it.......-------John

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, John, I think that Mr. Scharp must have the machine fixed, because he was trying to help me with my Acromax a lot for last month!
    but his machine have a Fanuc control and my machine have a Yasnac Mx1 control, Your Acromax have a Fanuc or Yasnac control?
    I need to know the reserved codes for the machine tool builder ( I cannot figure out how to get the ATC work, it is not Stand By all the time, maybe you can help me!
    Thanks!
    danielbordogna@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by jptech View Post
    Was doing a search for this machine, and found your post. I know it's old, but I just got one of these machines. When I get it powered up, I can see if I can get you the parameters(if this is still relevant!!)-----------John

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, mine is the Yasnac control. I don't have it powered up yet, but plan to in the next day or 2. I have about 5 manuals for the machine, and also, a handwritten ATC procedure, if that might help... let me know-----John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Acromax MX-16 FANUC 11m

I know this is old, but daborcito what ended up being the problem with the atc? I have the same machine and the yasnac control and it also shows ATC not standby, and will not do a toolchange.

Downloads
    Uploads

The last person that worked on his machine, reconnected some of the relays wrong. I made a drawing of my layout for him and his ATC worked. I'll check and see if I have it, or make a new one for you. Have you used this machine very much? When you power it up, then start servos, you have to go to MDI and type in "M19" to orient spindle. -------- John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Haven't used the machine at all, just got it. when we got it we could move all the axes but the spindle wouldn't spin, we fixed that (the fan on the spindle control board was shot and blew some fuses). Now the spindle spins and will orient with a m19. If you just command an m6 it will orient and then just blink m at the bottom of the screen like it is still trying to complete the command. We also dont know how to tell it which tool is in the spindle, It currently thinks there is no tool, and we can put a tool in or take it out manually. Thanks for the help and the quick response

Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure the Z axis is home, then give it the command: "T1 M6", or "T" any tool number. ATC should rotate to the number, then change. Make sure there is no tool in the spindle if there is a tool in the ATC at that position! Please keep me posted. I have 2 of these machines, and it's nice to know there are still a few out there ------- John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Went to mess around with the machine yesterday and the Y axis board seems to be shot, sucks because it was working fine the day before when we shut the machine down. We swapped that board for the 4th axis board and disabled the 4th axis for now. Homing z dosent seem to make a difference. In manual mode the controller wont fire the solenoid to either drop the tool changer down or bring it in towards the spindle, it will index the tool changer and clamp/release a tool however. We manually fired the air solenoids to see if it would lower and move toward the spindle and it seems to be moving just fine. Is the controller not moving the atc in manual mode because of the atc not standby error, or is the error because the controller isn't able to fire the atc solenoids? If its the second one I guess we found the problem, just have find what the disconnect is. We did probe the solenoids to see if they were getting power when we tried to move the atc in manual mode and they are not, so the solenoid itself doesn't appear to be bad. This led me to think that the atc error was preventing moving the tool changer though, but the fact that it still lets you index and clamp/release the tool makes me think its the other way around.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sorry I haven't been back to you! I just finished moving all of my machines to my home shop. No more rent!
    I've had the same problem with my Y axis board too. I'm about out of ideas for your ATC. As long as you have the "not ready" message, it won't work in MDI. Sounds like you're on the right track as far as diagnosing the problem. I had to replace all of my valves, and the pancake cylinder. Do you have manuals/schematics to help with troubleshooting? One of my mills is a 6M, the other is an 11M. I got manuals with both of them, so if you need copies, I can hook you up. Good Luck! ------ John

Downloads
    Uploads

te4250, have you had any luck with your ATC? ---------------- John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast