Fanuc 3M parameter dumping?

Thread: Fanuc 3M parameter dumping?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 3M parameter dumping?

Ok, I am following the instructions associated with the chipset I got from a guy in either NZ or AUS, I forget..

Anyway, I am in between work on it and I want to upgrade and install the DNC chipset...Sick of messing with subroutines

How do I accurately get the parameters to download to a PC using telnet? I have it connecting, but it looks like some of the parameters aren't coming down to the PC...

Any wierd settings ie something on the cpu mainboard? A switch maybe? I had to use it before but I don't know for sure if it matters..

Let me know!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm pretty sure that you need to handwrite some like the diagnostic parameters or the "option" - 900 parameters.
    I have also seen instructions for this on the 3 but i think it's a "typefail" and i'ts for the 5 & 6 controls.
    Try with both the param screen and then diagnostic screen and output.
    Make sure that you have them all before you do the work... There's not really so many to write down.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For extensive instructions on how to "dump" (record) your parameters go to the website that sell your chips (if it was "from a guy in either NZ or AUS" then it will be fanuc3mdripfeed.com). On their "HOW?" page, on the top right there is a pdf link. These instructions will also tell you how to upload them if you have a data crash.

The previous poster (SSMRob) is correct, not all the parameters can be down-loaded from the 3M control. These instructions even have have a "data sheet" to record which ones must be written by hand.

What is important is that you record ALL your data, and that includes the diagnostics. There's reams of this so an easy alternative is to take photo pictures of every page and save them all in a single file called "My 3M parameter, diagnostic and option parameter data".

Anyone else thinking about upgrading to DNC should do this and you can get your upgrade chip sets for half price (US$370) just by emailing them your file for their "Fanuc 3M Data Project". Not bad really... one email and you save US$370... just try getting that kind of deal from Fanuc!

One last note on data recording: DO IT! The original Fanuc 3M EPROMs have a limited life and start to fail after 20 years. This leads to machine crashes, scrambled data and mother board problems.