"M-Fin" signal...

Thread: "M-Fin" signal...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default "M-Fin" signal...

Have read about the "M-fin" signals that the control need - to know that an M-code are executed.
    Could i maybe simulate an own M-fin signal to get the control to accept an M-code?
    I have no spare m-codes that the control accept = When possible M-codes are tested i MDI nothing happens, and in program the control stops / frezes there.
    My plan is to control my "stand alone" rotarycontrol with 2 m-codes, one for each direction. This would be very useful to me!
    There isnt any "spare relay" thats clicking or anything on my old 3m-c control, but i know that there were possibilities to have extra m-codes such as:
    Nr. 2 & 3 coolant = M07 + M50, and M20 - M23 = option.

I think there must be someone that have "activated" M-codes themself... Have anybody info about this? It would be very kind!!!

Best Regards / Swemill

Similar Threads:
    Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

Downloads
    Uploads

It is a long time since I worked on a 3, but they often relied heavily on external relay logic, so I would look for a relay labled FIN or ?
    If you have one, it should be possible to OR it with you own completion signal.
    The diagnostic input shows address is 100.3
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, thanks for your reply Al! That sounds nice!

Just some more dumb questions...

"it should be possible to OR it"...?

What means "OR"? Operate?

And can the diagnostic adress help me someway? Should i check how this number react on other m-codes?

Sorry about the dumb questions but i would really know / learn more about this.

Thanks - Swemill

Downloads
    Uploads

I think the problem you are going to have is to implement a Mcode.
    If you just need a rotary table and do not need interpolated motion with it and the machine, many use a 3rd party rotary and use a M0 or M01 to halt program and after the outboard rotary operation is complete then a simple cycle start is used to continue.
    OR simply means an operation in parallel with a presently operated relay that serves as a FIN cycle relay.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much again Al!
    Thats exact what i want.... I don't intend to have interpolated motion with the machine and i also have thought about to use M00 / M01. But, i also thought that it could be useful to be able to do M01 in same program without indexing... And that if i want to mill out a square with the rotary, the possibility with both directions could be nice!

(my indexercontrol cant be "programmed", just do indexing, thats why i wants the both direction possibility = 2 m-codes to do a square)

Alright, if i cant get it to work with M-codes / M-Fin signal i sure will / can use M00 / M01 to be able to do indexing.

Is maybe M00 and M01 seperated and i could use only M00 to indexing and still use M01 to do only prg.hold in the same program?

Every small tip about this would be great!

Thanks!