I just purchased a 3 axis mill with the Fagor 8040 control. I will eventually have many different parts to make, but just a few copies of each part every month or so. It seems that having a remote hard drive connected via the Ethernet option that Fagor offers might be a good solution.
I've read a lot on this forum about setting up RS-232 connections using DNC, but not much about the Ehternet option that is available from Fagor.
I'm just wondering if there is anyone on the forum that is using the Ethernet type system, or has ever used this system and could offer any input. Specifically:
1. Does it work well and/or is it easy to use?
2. How difficult is it to setup and/or maintain?
3. Is it worth the cost to set up .vs. doing the RS-232 thing?
4. I have the telediagnostic option installed on the 8040 control - will this allow the ethernet option to be utilized?
5. What is/was the cost of the components to set it up?
Thanks for any help and insight.
Yes faster than rs232 connection. And you have to do an ftp server for use the remote hard disk. I recomend you to use the windnc software and connect your computer to cnc with a cross ethernet cable, in case you donīt have a switch in your shop. Telediagnose is an option in the cnc and it works with windnc software too. you could transfer your program to cnc hard disk with windnc software.