FAGOR 8020-GP CNC PARAMETERS

Thread: FAGOR 8020-GP CNC PARAMETERS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default FAGOR 8020-GP CNC PARAMETERS

We have acquired a used FAGOR 8020 8" Monochrome Monitor.
    We installed it and it worked correctly. The trouble now is after reassembling the CNC unit and powering everything up the machine will not operate and the screen displays errors, moreover, the texts on the monitor appear in Spanish. I assume that since I had the CNC unit without power for months all the machine parameters reset to the default settings.

Our CNC is a FAGOR 8020-GP witch controls an automated punching machine. It handles two axis only (X and Y). We have the start up manual, however there are 204 different MACHINE PARAMETERS to be entered, not mentioning the DECODED M FUNCTIONS and the LEADSCREW ERROR COMPENSATION.

Who can help me with this? Perhaps there are standard parameter settings for this particular CNC operation.
    Is anybody familiar with this problem?

Puedo leer Espanol tambien.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=Geo@az;728133]We have acquired a used FAGOR 8020 8" Monochrome Monitor.
    We installed it and it worked correctly. The problem now is after reassembling the CNC unit and powering everything up the machine will not operate and the screen displays errors. I assume that since I had the CNC unit without power for months all the machine parameters reset to the default settings, in other words I think the parameters were lost.

Can someone assist me with this issue? or, where can I get the right parameters again for this type of machine?

Our CNC is a FAGOR 8020-GP witch controls an automated punching machine. It handles two axis only.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

First thing to do: is the battery good? It is found under the little black box on the upper left side of the back side of the control, next to the heat sink. There are several wires (red, black, blue?) that go thru the plate to the inside of the control. Remove the screws that hold the back cover and swing it out. The wires from the battery go to a plug on the cover. Then wires from this plug go to another plug on the control boards. Make sure that both of these plugs are plugged in.

After verifying and/or replacing the batteries, start control,
    go to editor page, press display mode, then lock/unlock. Type in PKJIN and press enter.

Next, go to parameter page, type in p204 and press Recall button. This should bring up the language parameter. Change it to the language you want and press Enter button.

Now type in P0 and press Recall. Enter parameters, it should take less than an hour because there are lots of parameters you won't need. Anything you don't use enter a zero or no.

Personal preference: P121.5= 1. This activates the DNC link on start up. If you are going to upload/download programs this has to be active.

I assume you have the start up and installation parameter manual. If not you need to get it from Fagor.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have a simulair machine a 8020 PG with a extra PLC64 unit. I recently checked the battery and by doing this all parameters were reset. We had a list with all the parameters so when so entering the parameters was no problem. When you still in need of it let me know, I can send it to you.

But the problem we have is that every time when starting we get:
    Error 094: Parity T, G53-G59
    We can not do a reference ride (G21 N99), or can edit or enter a program.
    Also I can not send progr. files by DNC mode while sending and receiving tables is no problem except the fact that when send/rec. the tool table does not give the right format.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how I could study a manual for FAGOR_8020-GT?
    Thank

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DHO.nl View Post
    We have a simulair machine a 8020 PG with a extra PLC64 unit. I recently checked the battery and by doing this all parameters were reset. We had a list with all the parameters so when so entering the parameters was no problem. When you still in need of it let me know, I can send it to you.

But the problem we have is that every time when starting we get:
    Error 094: Parity T, G53-G59
    We can not do a reference ride (G21 N99), or can edit or enter a program.
    Also I can not send progr. files by DNC mode while sending and receiving tables is no problem except the fact that when send/rec. the tool table does not give the right format.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.
    You have a checksum error in the tool table.
    I'm not familiar with 8020 controls, but the 8025 is similar and I do know about those so try this out:
    Pull up the tool table. look to see if the screen says checksum towards the bottom. If it does you need to type in a code to clear the checksum. for turning controls type in KAI, for milling/gp type in KJI. then press enter.
    Also when on the tool table screen, press G and G53-59 will come up, check for checksum towards bottom as well and if its there type in the code.

Again, thats how it is for a 8025, hopefully that will work for the 8020 as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FAGOR 8020-GP CNC PARAMETERS

hi everybody
    I have a a cnc fagor 8020 i lost the parameters and i lost the catalogs
    please can you elp me whit it
    send to me to tecnomatriz@hotmail.com
    thank you
    Rene

- - - Updated - - -

hi everybody
    thank you
    Rene

- - - Updated - - -

hi everybody
    thank you
    Rene

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FAGOR 8020-GP CNC PARAMETERS

Hi CNCTech25
    I was searching the site for info on the Fagor8025T controller and came across your post. Would you by chance have a copy of the parameters and decoded M functions. These were lost when the memory battery went dead. there is no PLc that I can attempt to recover them from.
    regards Alan r