Fagor Accuslide retrofit

Thread: Fagor Accuslide retrofit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fagor Accuslide retrofit

I have a Fagor 8025TG control driving an Accuslide CNC. I'm wondering if there are any users out there that know how to adjust the table alignment. I'm getting a small amount of run out on longer parts that I would like to correct. I have a job that needs to have 1.5" of threads coming up so I need to get it dead nuts on.

I've never had the table apart so I don't know it there are adjustable gibs on the rails or the table just needs to be shimmed. Also, is there a specific way to go about disassembling the table or just start removing screws? There are no grease fitting anywhere that I have been able to find so I have just been spraying oil underneath to lubricate. Anyone have a better idea on lubing?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use a waterproof lithium grease on the rails, but mine has grease fittings so it is pretty easy. A friend of mine just wipes the grease on the rails. As far as your run out goes you could probably use leadscrew compensation. Or if your threads are tapering you can use p0 or p2 in your canned cycle to fix the taper. My accuslide got new slides, ball screws and servo motors about a year ago and when I use a heavy cut it sometimes tapers especially on smaller diameters. Nothing wrong with the machine, just the way I use it sometimes. I have had mine apart and there is no adjustment that I can find. What kind of a base is it mounted on? I have heard that when they are mounted on a hardinge dovetail that the dovetail can be shimmed. Hope I have helped you
    Oregon Rich

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's mounted on a Hardinge dovetail DV59. I would rather try shimming it a bit and see if that helps but will use PO P2 if needed. Thanks for your help.

I also posted another message about file transfer on the forum if you may be able to help on that as well.