Dear all,

We have been using an old Pinacho S94 C/260 with a Fagor 800T controller. This machine while an older model is robust and reliable and allows us to work on some larger parts and one offs that wont fit our other more modern machines. I have used it for over five years strictly in conversational mode and only used the Fagor WinDNC software to store the program files. I have recently started looking into using the P99996 program to import ISO NC files. My coms are reliable, and I am transferring files in and out no problem and once I worked out some of the syntax that Fagor requires I have managed to get the machine moving around with simple programs. So now I want to try the infinite mode to drip feed a larger program (max 9998 lines) directly into the controller. I tried a small program that runs fine when I save it in the controller but when I try to run it in infinite mode I get the error ( 70: Internal). I have overcome some of the other errors like making sure the program is not in memory but can't seem to find any info on this error 70.

On another note, any advice on a (cheap/free) CAM and post processor combination that might be able to generate appropriate g-code for the 800T from .stp files?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.