Need Help! Fagor 8020 Screen and axis problems. screen waving?

Thread: Fagor 8020 Screen and axis problems. screen waving?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fagor 8020 Screen and axis problems. screen waving?

Hello, I'm having some issues with a mill I recently acquired. I hadn't seen it run prior to buying it, but hoped for the best.
    The screen is waving. I've seen crt monitors white out, or start to go bad, but I've never seen one do this. It almost seems like a screen saver to prevent burnt in image, however I cant find anything saying that the 8020 would have this function. Between the waves the text is readable and it navigates the menus, but doesn't stop rolling. I adjusted the vertical alignment, doesn't help.
    Here is a video.

My other issue is my linear encoder seems to be reading movement constantly, not jumping around but instead a steady climb in whichever direction I last moved the table. I can get it to sit still but inconsistently. It reads travel through a glass scale and a fagor encoder. I cleaned the glass scale and read head, didnt seemed to help. I also tried moving the wires around to see if I could get a change in behavior, but nothing changed.

Controller is on a tree knee mill with x and y driven, z is still manual.

Any help is greatly appreciated!