I am having an issue with an 8037T controller (not one I am overly familiar with) that I cannot pin down and is giving me mixed feelings. I am starting to believe the issue may lie with the PC(Windows XP Laptop) I am connected with or myself and not the CNC, but the CNC has been giving me a fit of some other issues so.......thus the mixed feelings.

Connected via RS-232 serial, P0=11; PC serial comm port is configured to the same specs as CNC. In WinDNC (V6) I am able to connect to the CNC, use the remote keyboard and transfer files to/from the PC to the CNC.

This machine was programmed manually, and nobody bothered to create a parameters file so if the CNC goes black S.O.L.. I saved all of my machine parameters to the HDD expecting to be able to use the Explorer to transfer the files to a USB flash drive but the files could not be located in the Explorer. I then connected to the PC, established serial connection (tested functionality using the remote keyboard and transferring a program to/from the CNC successfully). I then navigated to the machine parameters and a parameter table, attempted to save to serial (WinDNC opened to the file explorer and still connected) and was given the error "Access to PC Directory Denied". I tried different directories and still failure. While evaluating this issue I navigated to the Explorer on the CNC and tried accessing the DNC drive location and was given "Unit Not Available", same as having a USB drive disconnected. I have not had issues saving PLC programs to this PC in the past over serial communications.

Is there something I am missing here or overlooking?

Here is my Serial Parameters full table:
P0=11
P1=1
P2=0
P3=0
P4=1
P5=YES
P6=NO
P7=0
P8=0
P9=0
P10=ON
P11=000
P12=000

I also tried sending over serial with WinDNC disconnected and it hug out at "Transmitted Blocks.....000000" for a while before displaying "End of Attempts". Insert head scratch here. Anyone able to offer a little help here?

Sorry for the essay.