fagor 8025 tgcommunications problem

Thread: fagor 8025 tgcommunications problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default fagor 8025 tgcommunications problem

We have two fagor 8025tg's and they both will not communicate with our PC. I have software that works with all the other machines (mostly fanucs) but the fagors will not work.
    The software we use is called PC-DNC plus and has a standard cable (see image).
    So I tried the standard but I get coms at all, No errors or even one character when I look at the activity in terminal mode (which will show me anything in ASCII that was sent).

So I tried different cable configs that are in the fagor book and also just jumpering the CTS/RTS lines to bypass that in the PC-DNC plus but I still get no characters at all.
    So when I use my cable tester with the standard cable all the lights light up like they should except the TD and RTS lights. And trying any other cable setup made almost no lights come on.

I have run out of ideas on what is up with these machines I can't imagine that both the comm cards are broken in the same way at the same time.
    Hopefully someone can help us out

I hope the image was inserted if it wasn't it is a standard 9 pin on the pc and 25 on the cnc
    9 pin - 25 pin
    2-2
    3-3
    5-7
    7-5
    8-4
    and 6-8-20 are jumpered on the cnc side

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: fagor 8025 tgcommunications problem

Looks like you've done your homework on the cables and the issue is likely hardware, maybe a bad IC for the rs232.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk