Newbie 8055m/c control

Thread: 8055m/c control

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 8055m/c control

I recently got a used VMC with a 8055 control and have a few questions.
    Has anyone ever used G59 and G59, I haven't figured out why you would have such a 'feature'?
    Why are there so many questions about Fagor controls on this forum and so few answers, are the controls that good or that bad? Personally I find the programming 'odd' and at times the logic is confusing and the manuals are just plain bad but not nearly as bad as the online (Youtube) videos. I learned programming with the GE550T and the Fanuc 5T controls that had sort of English and they were still better than the FAGOR manuals. The other thing is that the videos are ALL geared to conversational programming, by default, conversational programming should be so simple you don't have to be trained.
    So far, not particularly impressed by FAGOR, hopefully that will change.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 8055m/c control

Quote Originally Posted by L98FIERO View Post
    .....Has anyone ever used G59 and G59, I haven't figured out why you would have such a 'feature'?...
    I've never used G59 but would have thought this function worked the same as on a Fanuc controller.

Quote Originally Posted by L98FIERO View Post
    .....Why are there so many questions about Fagor controls on this forum...
    I count about 30 threads for Fagor and about 660 for Fanuc control during 2015.
    I wouldn't consider 30 "so many".

Last edited by Kiwi; 02-12-2016 at 01:45 AM. Reason: added some details.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 8055m/c control

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I've never used G59 but would have thought this function worked the same as on a Fanuc controller."

Nope, Fanuc work coordinates are all absolute though there is a G52 local coordinate that is relative to the G54 - 59,at least as far as I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I count about 30 threads for Fagor and about 660 for Fanuc control during 2015.
    I wouldn't consider 30 "so many".
    What I've noticed is that the Fanuc and any of the other control forums I've seen have a lot of questions but also a lot of answers too, that doesn't seem to be the case with this forum, not a criticism, just an observation. The other thing is that there are a LOT of Fanuc controls out there, some really old, I have an old 6T-B (1985) and I know someone that has a 5T(I ran one of these in the late 70s) still running. They have 65% of the global market.

Last edited by L98FIERO; 02-12-2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: context