Need Help! Fagor 8050/55-T: Switching from in to mm and my struggle with an X-axis offset

Thread: Fagor 8050/55-T: Switching from in to mm and my struggle with an X-axis offset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fagor 8050/55-T: Switching from in to mm and my struggle with an X-axis offset

Hi all,

New user here with a Dynamic GT27 turning center running 8050/55-T. I am wondering if someone can help me figure out how to switch my machine from imperial to metric. I have the option to temporarily switch the display itself from in to mm, however the machine always defaults to inch and I cannot find the option to change that. I have done a search in documentation for 8055T and have come up with zilch. Any help would be appreciated!

Second problem...

When I calibrate the tool's x&z values, and first set the value for z to 0 and press "Load Z Value", the readout sets it to 0 as it should. However if I follow the same procedure with X, the set value becomes not 0 but 0.015 (mm) on the readout. I notice this happening with all the cases for X as well. For example if I am turning a part to 10mm, and have already turned it to a measured value of...say 12.48mm, and I input said 12.48mm into the X value, it makes it 12.495 (In other words it adds that extra 0.015mm). I have looked in the offset tables and I don't see a value of 0.015mm or the imperial equivalent anywhere. I have also done the reference search for X and Z prior to all this. I even cleared all the tables and did the reference search again for my own sanity, and the problem is still there. Anyone?