Problem battery backup

Thread: battery backup

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default battery backup

Is there a battery backup for a VMC15 for the cards, because I keep getting a memory error, and have to go in and clear memory and reset all the parameters.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a lithium battery on the 1400 CPU board. That is the only battery in the Fadal control.

Neal

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Neal,
    What is the proceedure for changing this battery?
    Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default battery

I think you just take the cpu out and swap the battery then reload the memory as usual.if you have a memory expantion board take it off and then zero the memory and see if it helps,those boards fail a lot and cause memory issues,if you are concerned about the battery take out the cpu and test the voltage the battery looks like a AA battery on the old ones and a round watch style on the new ones.the voltage is listed on the battery,i think the AA one is 3.6 vdc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alex,
    Thanks for the info. My battery appears to be the round one and is not giving me any problems, I just felt it might be a good idea to change it as the machine is a 1996 and sat in storage for close to 8 years. I'm sorry but what do you mean by reloading the memory? The cpu is a 1400-4
    Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default memory

memory as in programs,parameters,offsets and backlash and setto to reset atc.

Downloads
    Uploads

On a 1400-4 board, there is a battery test button and indicator. (the lower of the two push buttons, top is a reset).

So, I know I can meter the battery but, does a red light indicate "good" or "bad" on the battery test? hmmm

http://www.scpconcepts.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We had a 1990 4020 which was sold last week. It still had the original battery with no problems. We bought a replacement battery many years ago but never put it in. Wish the batterys in my cars would do so well lol.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes vmc15 has a decent battery backup and it can last for 3 days and how old the battery is it will only get discharged and it will work very fine and it will not be out of order

[B]click on this link get more info.. [URL="http://shopping.rediff.com/product/olay-total-effects-7-in-1-normal-day-cream-spf-15--50gm-/11430610"]http://shopping.rediff.com/product/olay-total-effects-7-in-1-normal-day-cream-spf-15--50gm-/11430610 [/URL][/B]