Possible Fadal Purchase.

Thread: Possible Fadal Purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Possible Fadal Purchase.

Hello Folks, After four years working with a Mikini mill, I think I'm ready to move up to a bigger machine. Anyway, this week I'll have the opportunity to look at a 1998 Fadal 3016L. It's definitely in my budget range (9K) and appears to be in very good shape...as far the the paint goes (very little chipping in the tray area) It also comes with a Renishaw probing setup (tool setter and MP-12 probe) and some tooling.

I'll be taking along some dial test indicators and such, to check movements in the X and Y axis. But, are there any other things I should be looking at ? Is there a way to check how many hours are on the spindle ????

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks!!!!

Similar Threads:
    pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Possible Fadal Purchase.

I've used fadals for 16 years. Always been reliable for me. I have 2 currently. A 2003 and a 1998. I don't think there's a way to see spindle hours.

If you're in the PNW I'm getting rid of a Chiron FZ12 dirt cheap if you want to put some work in to it. PM for details.

This isn't 100 % accurate (only because the clocks can be reset) , but you can go to the utilities page use the UT command and display the Clocks and get an idea of the runtime percentage compared to the power on hours. 3016L is a really good machine it is the cast iron version of the 15XT. All linear which is nice you never have to do gib adjustments or worry about Turcite failure

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replies !!! I'll be taking a look at the machine on Friday...keeping my fingers crossed

pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Just wanted to update this thread and say that I'm the proud owner of a Fadal 3016L

pete