fadal 104/D informaion

Thread: fadal 104/D informaion

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default fadal 104/D informaion

We have received our 4525 with a 104/d control and have had the local dealer begin installation over 3 weeks ago. We still do not have a useable machine. The 2 major problems (among others) that we are still experiencing are:

problems with CRC (we see unexplained z moves with it on and a value in the dia comp offset)

our rotary a axis will not move.

We have moved from problem to problem and so far have not been able to complete a simple test cut. Fadal seems to be tight lipped about known issues with the control. I just wonder how far in or out the woods we are. If other users who either have had either success or problems with the control would share your info it would be beneficial to all of us.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I hate to hear about problems with new machines like this. I would seriously try to get Fadal to take the machine back or swap it for one with another control. I haven't heard of anything good about this control or Fadal being straight with its customers. I have a better idea. Buy a Haas!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Another thought. Refuse to make payments until the machine is fully functional.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 104/D Problems

BigB:

We ordered a new 4020 with the 104/D control, and had nothing but problems...similar to your description. We currently are running a 1999 4020 loaner machine after returning the new 4020 to Fadal. There is not a solution to all of the software issues of this control in the near future.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait a minute! I thougt this was Fadals best cnc controler.
    How can so many people be so negative about a new machine?

Any new manchine has got to be beter than an older cnc right?
    I am not to familiar with this cnc but it seems like a good company.

Bradley

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal is a good company.

We have had great success with the Fadal line-up of VMC's. They have performed tasks that many have said can not or should not be done with this machine tool category. Their new control may someday be the hot ticket, but they just need to work out ALL of the bugs 1st. I would like to see the digital control and digital drivers run fluent, high speed passes, and be as reliable as the older Legacy (CNC 88) control.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2016 Fadal with 104/d controller

Our company bought a 2016 with the new controller, Initially it wouldn't get past the log-in screen with the error coming up saying cannot upload firmware (Byron DR card). service guy came in telling us that there is a software update coming out, and would probably fix problem. 3 weeks later and way too many hours of downtime still having errors. I'm ready to give recommendation to return machine and buy something else like a Hass.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I feel for ya. There are a lot of people in the same boat.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there an other control that Fadal is offering? We need to order a machine this week. We curently have 2 Fadals with 32MP controls and were looking forward to increased quality at high speed machining speeds.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fadal will put a Fanuc or Siemens control on as an option, I think the cost is the same but don't quote me on that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fadal is now offering three controls, their 104d, Siemens 840d and a Fanuuc 18i MB5.
    These are available at no extra cost, however if you are surface-machining, and your programs tend to be large, a data-server can be added to the latter choices at additional cost.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal control options

I did a trial part with the 104D on Monday and was impressed with high speed machining capability. Does anyone have experience with the Fanuc control?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by surface
    Fadal is now offering three controls, their 104d, Siemens 840d and a Fanuuc 18i MB5.
    These are available at no extra cost,....
    The 840D is Siemens high end controller/motors package and was offered as an option only on the performance series machines. Don't quote me on this, but I believe this upgrade was in the $20k-$25k range and there is no reason to believe it is a free option now. If you do mold making, high speed or 5 axis machining, this is the controller to use.