Sending programs to fadals

Thread: Sending programs to fadals

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sending programs to fadals

I am only able to get 9600 baud, I would like to go alot faster.
    any ideas on how to get it up and going with out errors at 19200?

is there any add ons that I can buy so it will down direct from a thumb disc(usb) or anything else?

I have a 16 meg memory card in the machine, one program I would like to run its about 6megs long and even at 9600 baud it takes for ever. the bad part is, is that it takes longer to send the program to the machine than it does to run the parts. its a 1997 with the 5 upgrade

Similar Threads:

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

6Mb at 9600 HOLY COW that must take a week to upload!!

I use 19,2 with my -3 and transfer with Win Hyperterminal (and Win HT is not very good).
    You should be able to use 38,4 or better.
    Change to higher baud rate in the MCS parameters, then power off your machine. In your transfer program on your computer change the baud to match the MCS.
    Turn the Fadal on and go.

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks I will try that,
    I have some latches to make and its all contouring, its on a 40x20x2.5 plate and will run 36 parts at once.
    Figured with the plate I can hit the button before I go home.

Delw

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

070524-1024 EST USA

Delw:

Our I232 System can provide you with Isolation, High Baud Rate capability (115.2 kbaud), and long cable length (4000 ft.). At 115 kbaud it will take about 10 minutes for 6 megabytes.

You probably should not try to use a USB to RS232 adapeter, but use an RS232 board that plugs directly into the computer bus.

What is the maximum baud rate capability of your machine?
    What is the distance from computer to CNC?

Look at our web site www.beta-a2.com .

Also you might check with Edster on www.cnczone.com . He has used our system with great sucess. You go to Members List and page 5 of the E section. Edster can tell you what program he uses for communication to Fadal.

Try a "private message" to him. If no success go to the HAAS section and specifically ask Edster to respond you might catch him.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Type in CD,10 at the command line for the fadal HS-88. That will put you at 38.4K. I have a -4 system and thats the limit. You might be able to go faster with the -5, but I don't know.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now I have bigger problems.

this morning my hard drive fried. I was running windows 98se.

I put my comm software on windows Xp and had nothing but problems, set it all to the proper settings. Finally got the fadal to work about an hour ago. works at 9600 using cd,8 and above using cd,9 , I haven't tried it any higher as my communications software wont let me go higher than 19200.

One problem I see that I don't like is the programs use to feed constant, now running it on win xp pro, it tends to pause every so often ( still gets the program to the fadal) but it pause's

Is there something about windows xp that I should know about when sending and recieveing programs? I went to the com port 1 ( in control panel) and made sure everything was set up. and it looks fine.

The pc I had was a extreamly old pc but lasted for years it was do to happen I just didnt need it to happen now

Reason I mention this is i have an older machine with a mx1 yasnac control. and I dnc it at 1200 baud rate.
    right now I cant even get a small program into the machine with out a th parity error and I am pretty sure it has something to do with the com ports and windows xp.
    Tried a different com port and get the same thing go pause go pause etc.
    I have 0 for time out delya like I have had for the last umteen years.

I am going to look into the other suggestion some of you guys had, I just need to get this fixed ASAP as I can't run the other machine until I do.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

070526-0551 EST USA

Delw:

In XP go to the Control Panel. Go to System, Hardware, Device Manager, Ports (select the one you are using), Settings, Advanced, disable "Use FIFO Buffers".

Make sure you are using a handshake mode, like XON/XOFF. This needs to be set at both ends. Use 7 data bits, 1 stop bit, and even parity if you can.

Try communication without any other programs running on the XP machine.

Download the trial period copy of CimcoEdit5 from www.cimcosoftware.com .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gar, Thanks
    I was up late reading all the problems with xp and that fifo fix. I tried a few things I will try that one as well.

I need to find another windows 98 pc
    I downloaded a few trials and just downloaded the one provided.
    most of them I can't find a price, were can I get predator and what is the cost?

Delw

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think gar's system is the way to go. We bought the optical isolator from him almost two years ago, and it has been flawless, sending and receiving programs to/from our Fadal at 115.2 every day.

Very happy customer here.

Justin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've had gar's setup on my 94 fadal for over a year now. 38kbps is the max speed of my machine and it works at that speed perfectly. The other haas machines work fine at 115kbps. Before I ran at 4800 and had the ocassional error on a long file. No problems with gar's setup, except when I forget to plug in the transformer

I'm using the NC FADAL program to communicate with my fadal. It also works great. just hit command mode on the machine and go to the office. you can send and recieve all you want even the offsets from your chair in the office. the prog also auto detects what settings your machine is using. A definate must have if your using a fadal.