Hello all,

I first wanted to say thank you for all those that support the forum. I have been using the information here within to troubleshoot our old VMC40. Remote support is the only possibility out here in the Hawaiian Islands.

I have, as stated, a DC VMC40 and TR-65 that were previously coupled and operational. After 4 years in storage, upon reassembly we have encountered many difficulties. The TR-65 has Fadal MTR-0003 dc motors.

I have replaced both the A and B axis amplifier cards after an initial over voltage resulted in electronic component damage. Input voltage has been corrected. The new cards have not been adjusted. The amp cards were installed, and still need fine tuning.

A axis: Advanced Motion Amp-0015 B Axis: Glentek Amp-0006i

The A axis finds its zero point, but the B axis continues hunting, resulting in a motor overheating/resolver fault. The motor is not hot at all. The B axis can be manually jogged with no problems.

From what I understand the TR-65 uses the Heidenhain Glass Scale to find its position, not the motor resolver? Is this correct?

We are wondering if adjusting the resolver can help us set our zero again? Or if the focus is with the Heidenhain encoder?

The machine has been thoroughly inspected, all cards removed, corrosion removed from all contacts, all associated wiring inspected.

Please help.....