Need Help! Fadal 2016L - Problem with the ATC and G53

Thread: Fadal 2016L - Problem with the ATC and G53

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal 2016L - Problem with the ATC and G53

Hello!

I try to help a workshop on my highschool.
    They have a Fadal 2016L

When i run for example T1M6 the spindle is 3-4mm to high for the toolchanger. OR the toolchanger is a little bit to low.
    So, how can i find the problem?
    Is there a method to adjust the ATC in the hight?
    If i see on the axis marks on the right side of the spindle, the spindle is maby 1mm further down. (G53)

This results sometimes that the machine drop the tool in the table when changing tool.

-Thanks, Robert.

Similar Threads:
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal 2016L - Problem with the ATC and G53

Are you using the correct tooling? BT and CAT have 2 different heights that the spindle needs to be for a tool change. To change the Height, you need to go into survey, "SV" then go to the Z axis. THere will be a number listed under "Zero Offset" This number determines where the axis homes out.
    This may help.
    https://www.fadalcnc.com/media/pdf/S..._AC_Motor2.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

You need to line up the marks on the Z-axis with the marks on the frame (same with X and Y axis) and do a 'Cold start'. I think your off by one leadscrew revolution.

Type in CS, that is the cold start command. That will get the 3 axis to their correct positions.

If the machine was moved recently, and the Z axis Motor was remove to fit thru a doorway or just clearance in general. The motor may not have been put back in the correct orientation, There is a mark usually just some kind of ink marking that indicates the correct engagement. Rotate the z axis and look at the markings on the coupler for the Z axis.

worst case here is a video showing ATC alignment.

but if it was changing before and the z axis wasnt removed then most likely it is the CS (Coldstart position) check your C.S. markers