NEED Input on Jog Error

Thread: NEED Input on Jog Error

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEED Input on Jog Error

I have an older 4020 with an 88 control and the main board is a 1400-2. When I hit Jog it flashes on screen then goes away. I have tried everything and finally put a 1400-1 board in and it works fine except this isn't my board and it's very old now. I sent 1400-2 in for repair and they replaced CPU but still same issue. I would keep the 1400-1 but DNC doesn't work and it skips numbers and feed rates or makes a F30 into F3 and -10 into 10. Errors I get with 1400-2 are C (spindle) but spindle works fine. This issue started when I dropped a leg of my 3 phase power on startup one time and then hooked it back up and this was the issue not sure if coincidental. I've pounded on jog, zereo pointed memory everything I could find.

Has anybody had this issue and did you fix it?

Thanks,

Red

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED Input on Jog Error

Started to use the DI command with the 1400-2 and received the following error:

Z Axis Controller Does Not Respond to NC

So I switched 1030-1 Boards and eproms and toggles same error
    So I switched Servo Amp's and same error

Put the 1400-1 card in and everything works fine.
    Could it be bad 5v or 12v?

There was an issue when using newer 1400 cards with old version Keyboard card.attached to the keyboard PCB-0012 REV F (this though doesnt seem like the problem if it just showed up out of the blue) or maybe it is the keyboard interface.

Have you run you diagnostics DI enter G 0 3000 enter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I finally figured this mess out. Turns out that the ribbon cables to the card attached to keyboard have lots of stuff going on and just needed cleaning.