Fadal spindle speed max 5000

Thread: Fadal spindle speed max 5000

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fadal spindle speed max 5000

Hello I just bought a 1997 Fadal 3016HT with 32MP control. I have never ran a Fadal yet. This machine is in my barn and I am working on getting a business started. It has a 10k spindle, I have the high/low gear working, but in MDI it does not go above 5000 RPM. I set the parameter to 10K 2 speed, the Glentek Vector drive is getting 240V, and is tagged 15hp/10K. What might cause the spindle to not go up to 10K?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal spindle speed max 5000

Hello!

Im not a Fadal Expert, but i use one for a little year.
    Do you hear the gearshift before the spindel turn on?
    Does the RPM run stable?

-Robert

My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it is shifting correctly, and rpm is stable, just stops increasing about half the RPM it should go to.

Have checked it with a rpm checker pretty cheap from harbor freight its a hand held strobe and you use a black tool holder with a white sticker in one spot. they work good for checking your rpm.

Are you seeing that on the screen there is a bug in some of the software versions compatibility with the cards where it will not show the correct rpm on the display. I know this because my VMC15 (a 7500rpm spindle) the display says im going 10k but it is not.

Is your spindle Pot working? if not check to make sure the connector is plugged in on the spindle card.

The Glentek Vector drive may have lost the programmed parameters and need to be reloaded....... if your lucky it will be the newer ones where there is a selector to choose the correct drive. do you have any videos with sound ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have checked with a tach. The screen shows correct speed up to 1350, then correct again after shift into high gear. Then it is correct up to 5000 RPM, where it maxes out. The spindle pot is working. I think the drive does need reprogrammed. Does any one know where I can download the Motion Maestro software to program the drive?

are you saying in MDI it only goes to 5000 but in a program it will go 10,000? and you have the parameter in SETP for the rpm #1 10,000 rpm Hi/Lo. Where did you get that spindle drive from, or on the drive who supplied it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It will not go over 5000 RPM at all, the machine display shows the speed going up to 10K, but it does not actually go higher than 5000 RPM. Yes parameter is set for #1 10,000 rpm hi/low. The drive was in machine when I got it. It is a Glentek Vector drive SMB9675-1A-1-7300. P/N 7300B, it does not have the keypad on the drive.

where are you located city state and i can tell you if there is a fadal guy near you that can reprogram the drive if it doesn't have the pot selector. There is no keypad on those drives, but there is a Tiny Tiny pot selector for the correct mode of operation here is a pic of the location if it has one bottom right.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not have a pot selector. I am just outside of Fort Wayne Indiana.

you can call Butch at Machine Tool Solutions. They are in Muncie, IN I believe he has the programmer. If not call VMC Technologies Inc. they are up in Troy, MI

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I bought the machine through Butch

Downloads
    Uploads

Is it hooked up to single phase power? I had a 3016 on single phase that wouldn't go all the way to the advertised 7500 RPM on single phase.

He should have it or know someone that does near there

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is running on 3 phase, and getting 238V to the spindle drive. I downloaded the software from Glentek and will try to communicate with the drive later today, hopefully. I think the 7500 RPM 3016 uses wye/delta only for high and low gear. I believe my 10k HT spindle uses wye/delta along with the belt change to get all RPM's. I think the spindle drive is not kicking in the high range and thus I don't have RPM range 1350-2500, and 5000-10000. the belts change and I think I am getting only the low range of the two belt speeds I should have. Hopefully it is just a setting in the drive that was lost from not being hooked up for a while. I do not know how long it sat before I purchased.

Here is a description of how and what to check for in the spindle drive. i dont believe your drive is using the Wye/Delta that is for the 7500 rpm direct drive setups.

The Fadal Spindle Drive System