NEW 88HS OPERATOR, NEED HELP

Thread: NEW 88HS OPERATOR, NEED HELP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEW 88HS OPERATOR, NEED HELP

The z axis on my fadal cnc88hs at work is extremely sporadic. It doesnt help that i am only 2 months into this job. Any help will go along way. The company has been trying to figure out the problem for years and has had techs out multiple times. The z after the tool change rapids down and is always off, usually short of depth exspeacily with g83 end mill pecking. I have noticed when i slide hold after it rapids down to RO plane and manually move the z up and down and then return to axis the z is on point with cut/depth.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEW 88HS OPERATOR, NEED HELP

Check backlash, look for loose motor coupler. Turn of machine, reach for the z ballscrew, by hand turn it back and forth, the head should move; if does not move or is too lose, the nut attached to the BS is worn out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEW 88HS OPERATOR, NEED HELP

If it is not positioning properly (not going far enough) then you might have a loose resolver (if DC motor) or maybe your survey is wrong (laser calibration). First thing to check is lubrication. Telling us CNC88HS is just the control, we need to know machine type/model. Quick check of backlash. Z axis new is anywhere from 3-13... Then do a repeatability test with an indicator. How far is it off? If the screw does not have a bunch of backlash and it repeats and there is oil then you might need a laser calibration. Sometimes if you have a bad screw your laser calibration is big numbers... usually with a Z axis it is only 20 inches so it is not a big deal. They never used to even calibrate the Z axis back in the day when they used standards unless specifically ordered. You could also zero the survey and see if that helps. A misaligned screw could cause this also. Hitting Estop and turning the screw by hand is a quick check to see if there is misalignment. More info if it is box way etc. Gib/strap adjustment etc..