Problem Fadal all axis problem

Thread: Fadal all axis problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Fadal all axis problem

Hey guys! has anyone had this problem before?

all axis do the same thing, i swapped all the axis cards and amplifiers form a working machine and it remains the same, i also swapped the power board but nothing, the strangest thing is that when you move the x axis the y axis moves too, any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fadal all axis problem

When swapped the axis amps; did u swapped the White and Brown wires at the bottom?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is most likely your DC power supply. The caps are crap and now you have a bunch of noise on your 5,12,-12 vdc supply. Chrck AC ripple on these from the DC PS. Should be lower than 10 mvAC

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by denmar View Post
    When swapped the axis amps; did u swapped the White and Brown wires at the bottom?
    i used the same cables in the slot of the amplifier, only the amps were swapped.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arc8d-drmn View Post
    It is most likely your DC power supply. The caps are crap and now you have a bunch of noise on your 5,12,-12 vdc supply. Chrck AC ripple on these from the DC PS. Should be lower than 10 mvAC
    i swapped the power supply, amps and cards from another machine to this one but no luck and i tried all this parts on the good machine and they work, just not on the bad machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

As a rule servos will vibrate much like yours are doing because they are not under any load or inertia to damp down the oscillations. Maybe this violent oscillation is causing the amplifiers to close down for a few seconds and then cycling on and off. Just a guess Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does the Y-axis mimic the exact motion of the X-axis or is it random movement? Does the X-axis move when the Y-axis is moved? Also, try unplugging the X-axis motor, and then 'attempting' to move X-axis, see if Y-axis still moves. Does it happen at all times or only in Jog?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by m3ss1na View Post
    Does the Y-axis mimic the exact motion of the X-axis or is it random movement? Does the X-axis move when the Y-axis is moved? Also, try unplugging the X-axis motor, and then 'attempting' to move X-axis, see if Y-axis still moves. Does it happen at all times or only in Jog?
    when i power up the machine i cant cs because i need to jog to center the table, if i just cs without jogging it will fault out on any random axis, sometimes when i jog the X axis Z will also stutter, when jogging in any axis it will make that same movement, on .010" the motor will spin about a 1/4 turn a couple of times then 1/8 turn still at the same 0.010" on the selector and then vibrate and fault out, on any axis. i cant cs to try to move it by MDI.

Yes, it mimics the movement on any axis.

Last edited by jack123529; 12-07-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swap the little resolver test board. It is a little green board about 1" wide that is plugged into the bottom of the motherboard just below the card cage. This is common to all 3 axis. Check for loose connection on the DC voltage lines from the PS. Noise is being induced into your axis control.

Quote Originally Posted by jack123529 View Post
    i swapped the power supply, amps and cards from another machine to this one but no luck and i tried all this parts on the good machine and they work, just not on the bad machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arc8d-drmn View Post
    Swap the little resolver test board. It is a little green board about 1" wide that is plugged into the bottom of the motherboard just below the card cage. This is common to all 3 axis. Check for loose connection on the DC voltage lines from the PS. Noise is being induced into your axis control.
    It doesn't have one, it's a 4020 from 1991 i think. it has glass scales but are now unplugged by the tech guy, now i just have a constant fault on x axis at startup.