Need Help! Help me identify max RPM on my VMC15

Thread: Help me identify max RPM on my VMC15

Default Help me identify max RPM on my VMC15

A little confused on setting the motor type on my VMC15. When i go to SETP, i can choose 10,000 RPM or 7500 delta/wye (and other options of course). The parameter sheet inside the unit says to choose 1 (10,000 RPM) but... my machine has a single belt system (with no belt-changing apparatus) and the RPMs are weird at that setting. When i look at the motor itself it says 15HP on a sticker but the engraved plate on the motor says 10 hp? The machine has RT and Vector Drive if that matters... This is a 1996 model. Any guidance is appreciated! Alan

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Help me identify max RPM on my VMC15

SETP page 1 7500 wye/delta The relays to switch from Wye to Delta are in the back enclosure upper right which is the clicking noise you hear when going from 2500rpm changing to 2501rpm (note single belt can also be 15000 rpm but would be vary rare) page 2 High Torque/Rigid = Yes (if you have rigid tapping spindle card) page 3 Gain for rigid tapping should be normal

Default Re: Help me identify max RPM on my VMC15

Thanks Rodney - that makes total sense. The notation on the document inside the cnc made me wonder. Good to know!