fadal 3020

Thread: fadal 3020

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default fadal 3020

Hello
    who has experience with this machine..? I have a chance to pick one up.. I have read it was a special high performance model and weighs 15000 pounds..
    smaller envelope then the 4020 I was thinking of buying, but I may not need that much in x anyway.. who has one? reliable? More expensive machines compared to other fadals, has the side toolchanger, what fadals does it compare to?
    thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: fadal 3020

The 3020 was the smallest mill in Fadal's "Performance Series" it weighs about 12,600lbs. Heavy duty casting and box ways.They weren't that popular compared to the 4525 or even the 6535. I'm guessing because of the cost for such a small working envelope.
    They are solid machines and as dependable as most Fadals. The dual arm tool changer is faster than the umbrella style but is more problematic in my opinion. Maybe someone with more experience than I can add more info.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: fadal 3020

Twin arm is not faster than the umbrella tool changer when your rapids are above 700ipm. Twin arm is slow, stages slow and was made by GIFU out of taiwan.